PTZ1A225-HNR-XA initialization?

Matt_A

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Picked up one of Andy's PTZ's. It's a beast.

I hooked it up the Dahua NVR and changed the IP but I could find no provision to set the password or other configuration settings. Took the cam to a switch and connected via browser. Unfortunately, I can't assess the config screens as I immediately encounter the user:password login screen. Any idea how to access those config screens at this point? I don't have internet available where this is being setup up.

Sure would appreciate in ideas.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are hooking it directly up to the POE port of the NVR, then you do not do any configuration - simply plug it in to the NVR and it will initialize and the NVR will assign it an IP address and the NVR will give it the username and password of the NVR.

So if that is your setup, then best bet would be to factory reset the camera and then follow the step above.

If you are not connecting it to the NVR port, then you have to do some other things.

Regardless this is a good read and can help walk thru some things:

Isotope

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Just sat down an hour ago to initialize a PTZ1A225 from Andy. Strangely, it isn’t responding as other Dahua cameras have in the past. After initializing and setting the password, I am encountering a password error when using config tools. Additionally I am unable to access the camera via web browser. I intent to use via Blue Iris, so the NVR instructions aren’t relevant.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Just sat down an hour ago to initialize a PTZ1A225 from Andy. Strangely, it isn’t responding as other Dahua cameras have in the past. After initializing and setting the password, I am encountering a password error when using config tools. Additionally I am unable to access the camera via web browser. I intent to use via Blue Iris, so the NVR instructions aren’t relevant.
I have set up two of these for my neighbors. They have been the same for me as my other cameras.

However, the PTZs are really sensitive to browsers and you need to use Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with the IE plug-in or compatibility mode.

You can use the IPconfig tool but most of us do it like this:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1672063957334.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

Isotope

n3wb
Reaction score
I have set up two of these for my neighbors. They have been the same for me as my other cameras.

However, the PTZs are really sensitive to browsers and you need to use Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with the IE plug-in or compatibility mode.

You can use the IPconfig tool but most of us do it like this:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1672063957334.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.
Thank you for the help, but after changing my IPv4 settings, the camera is still inaccessible via IE. Strangely, the camera is recognized via Configtool, but refuses to do anything beyond initialize, then issue a password error when I attempt to change the IP.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would try a factory reset and try again and not use config tool and try the method I posted.

Isotope

n3wb
Reaction score
I would try a factory reset and try again and not use config tool and try the method I posted.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have opened up the camera and performed several factory resets, trying both your method via IE and the ConfigTool method twice. The ConfigTool method is the closest I can get to interacting with the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have wifi on the computer also and maybe it is picking up that IP subnet and thus not seeing the 192.168.1.100 you set in IPv4?

What IP address is the Config Tool seeing?

Post the Network Connection Details screenshot:

1679702614392.png

Isotope

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome work! Viewing that screen made me realize that I had to fully close out of the IPv4 screen in order for the network settings to be applied. Once applied, I was able to connect to the camera via IE. Thanks again!