PTZ

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have three DS-2DE3304W-DE PTZs, I'll call them A B and C. One, C, has odd PTZ positioning issues. I'll try to describe.

Think of a clock face representing the 360 degrees of azimuth of the camera, with the 12 representing 0 degrees.

On two of my cameras, A&B, 0 degrees azimuth corresponds to 12 on the clock face, as is expected.

However, on one camera, C, 4 o'clock actually represents 0 degrees azimuth.

Now, this is not due to the way the camera is positioned on the mount...

On all three cameras, the "hard stop" where the pan action will stop moving cw/ccw is (roughly) 12 on the clock face.

On cameras A&B, if I say "go to 0", the camera will return fully CCW to 12 on the clock face, and then as I increase degrees of azimuth will travel CW until I reach 360 degrees, where it will stop (at roughly 12).

But, on camera C, if I start at 0 degrees azimuth, the camera goes to 4 o'clock. I can pan the camera CW increasing the azimuth, but, once I exceed 270 degrees, the camera, on its own, will travel CCW all the way back from 11 to 12 on the clock face in order to get to the 270-360 degrees azimuth between 12 and 4 on the clock face.

Make sense, I hope? Hard to describe.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this behavior on Hikvision PTZs, and, more importantly, how I can fix it.

I've checked through my web interface the various settings, and everything matches up.