PTZ works with camera interface, not BI

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I could sure use some collective wisdom to help me troubleshoot a new camera that I just added to my BI setup. I have 12 cams - mostly 2-4MP Dahua's with a few other 5MP low-end brands thrown into the mix. They are all working fine with BI.

After reading another thread on this forum about some inexpensive PTZ cams with impressive optical zooms available on AliExpress, I decided to dip my toes in the water and give one a try.

This is the model I selected... http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7736703883.html

The web interface requires Internet Explorer AND a proprietary plug-in. That was a nuisance to configure but do-able. Using the web interface, I updated the network settings and user accounts. I can control the PTZ features fine through IE. However, when trying to control the movement of the cam using BI, I quickly discovered the PTZ buttons have no effect. Without that capability within BI, my nifty new camera is essentially a stationary fixed-lens camera... ugh.

When I added the camera to BI, I simply went through the generic Find/Inspect process. In turn, the camera was added as 'generic'. It isn't a brand name so I have no idea what other make I could use to unleash its innermost desire to pan-tilt-zoom its way to happiness. I assume this is where my problem began.

These are the settings that currently appear in the 'Network IP camera configuration screen:

Make: Generic
Model: RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4

Video
Path: /StreamingChannels/1

Does anyone here have experience with a situation like this one? I have little confidence that the vendor will respond to my questions or have any idea what the solution might be.

Thanks in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the Huisun mini ptz. Set the ptz to oxml. There are several threads discussing the ptz and blue iris.