PTZ slow to react initially after period of non use

1.21 jiggawatts!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it seems like after not using the PTZ feature of my camera for a few hours, when i do try to use it, nothing happens for a few seconds. it's like the PTZ feature goes to sleep or something. after that first initial delay is over, the response is fine and things are moving again.

does this happen to anyone else?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it seems like after not using the PTZ feature of my camera for a few hours, when i do try to use it, nothing happens for a few seconds. it's like the PTZ feature goes to sleep or something. after that first initial delay is over, the response is fine and things are moving again.

does this happen to anyone else?
What exact camera?

1.21 jiggawatts!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i did a factory default and re-imported the settings and the problem continues. i guess i'm gonna have to reset and input all the settings from scratch.

1.21 jiggawatts!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
after about 2 days of uptime, the problem manifests its self again. factory reset and re-inputting all the settings manually didn't help. i'm wondering if there is something wrong with the firmware. i emailed dahua a while ago if they would send me the original firmware my camera came with but i never got a response.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We see this exact issue quite a bit on all brands of cameras, Hik, Dahua, etc.. Set the PTZs on a tour or scan, even if it's between two presets that are close to each other.

1.21 jiggawatts!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it seems like this problem has gone away for me in the past few days. keeping my fingers crossed.

i did nothing to the camera. either this is a result of upgrading my DHI-NVR4108-P-4KS2 NVR firmware to V4.001.0000000.0, Build Date: 2020-02-21, possibly something different in the latest version of blue iris or the fact that i setup a old smartphone has a monitor by my door, constantly streaming a camera with gDMSS plus.