PTZ problem . . .

NightRidr

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased a SUNBA. Their instructions were to begin by logging in using my default browser and going to the typical 192.168.0.?, which I did and I got the camera working including some presets. I am now trying to set up my BLUE IRIS SOFTWARE. I have the camera working within BlueIris. My problem is the PTZ will not work in BlueIris - only the SUNBA web browser. How do I pass over the controls to BlueIris?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Model of Sunba?

Have you tried the "ONVIF/OXML" dropdown in camera "settings" => "PTZ/control" ?
Is "Enable PTZ" at the top of that same page checked?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Depending on the model of the SUNBA, there is an enable PTZ setting of SUNBA, which is what I've always used. YMMV

NightRidr

n3wb
Reaction score
SUNBA Auto Tracking PTZ Camera PoE+ Outdoor, 36X Optical Zoom 5MP Smart Security Dome, RTMP for YouTube Live Streaming, Two-Way Audio, Night Vision up to 1500ft (P636 V2, Performance Series)
--------------------------------------------------------------
don't see anything with OXML? I am using ONVIf to get the camera working. The only thing I see to "enable PTZ" is enabled - still not working
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
YMMV, I have PTZ enabled in the settings

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you select SUNBA in the video-configure tab then you can try each of the 3 models that is offers. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. If the video fails then leave it Generic/ONVIF but select SUNBA in the PTZ/Control tab.
These "generic" cameras can be a pain. I have had to go thru the list of cameras and try different name brands until I hit one that worked.

NightRidr

n3wb
Reaction score
Broachoski, I followed your instructions to the letter - no luck. I wonder if it could be my port? I changed the port (for security reasons) and I don't know if I opened that port in my router? I know I can't get my BI phone app to work which was going to be my next question.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Changing the port isn't helping for security reasons and usually ends up messing stuff up like you have now.