PTZ Presets and Keyboard Shortcuts

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just got my PTZ292 camera from Andy and trying to set up some presets, never done it before. My BI version is 5.3.6.7 and Windows 10 Pro. The PTZ protocal (right term?) is "Dahua New 4" that I got to work; ONVIF did not work. The camera protocol is "generic/ONVIF" so the two protocols are not the same.

I used the Dahua GUI to create the preset positions and number. I'm ASSUMING (uh oh) that any setting done in Dahua translate over to the camera and then BI adopts those settings; i.e.., it doesn't matter which GUI you make camera setting changes, BI uses either one. However:

Q1: I've read on here in a few places that it's best to use BI "Find/Inspect" command to make sure BI adopts all settings from the Dahua GUI; I remember seeing that some time ago but can't find it now. Where is that located?

Back to presets: I define 4 presets #1-4. In Keyboard shortcuts I define PTZ Preset as Ctrl-Alt-1 etc. with 1 on the numeric keypad. (keypad is active because I use it to enter IP numbers. When I go to normal image viewing I can manually maneuver the camera with the onscreen commands, and I can right-click/PTZ Controls/presets and that works too. I am not able to use Ctrl-Alt-2 for example to quickly and manually go there.

Q2: Is there some trick to getting the keyboard shortcuts to work with PTZ?

Thank you,
Ron

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure I'm following you, but, after you setup the PTZ presets, then in Bi you need to run find/inspect so BI knows what the presets are.
If you change a Preset, you need to run Find/Inspect again.
Make all settings in the Cameras GUI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Find/Inspect is under the Video Tab