PTZ motion override for a profile

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want to override the motion trigger setting for a PTZ for only for a specific profile. I can override for all profiles but I don't see a way to select a profile. I looked in the help file but I must be missing it.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is this possible or of I set a mask for motion override in the PTZ tab it will apply to all profiles?

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried this?
Note that ‘Sync with profile 1’ is unchecked.

View attachment 81335
So you are thinking that the profile on the trigger tab will apply to the PTZ motion/mask override? I didn't think that would apply since I am overriding the motion settings.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
In my testing preset override masks are not profile dependent, and cannot be made so.

Furthermore, I’ve found them frustratingly tricky to use.
1. They are not ‘sticky’... If enabled, they go into effect immediately upon moving into the preset (see screenshot #1). But after a short time, they are replaced by the default map (see screenshot #2). UPDATE: On further testing it appears that the preset override map persists, however the UI is not reflecting the currently active zone map when I close out the camera settings dialog, then immediately return to the Camera settings > Trigger > Configure dialog (shown in the screenshots).
2. Whether the preset override map is actually used depends on:
a) which video stream is currently in use for triggering, AND
b) the use and state of the 'High definition' setting (see screenshot #2)

Again, this is my experience. YMMV.

1612372514525.jpeg

Last edited:

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In my testing preset override masks are not profile dependent, and cannot be made so.

Furthermore, I’ve found them frustratingly tricky to use.
1. They are not ‘sticky’... If enabled, they go into effect immediately upon moving into the preset (see screenshot #1). But after a short time, they are replaced by the default map (see screenshot #2).
2. Whether the preset override map is actually used depends on:
a) which video stream is currently in use for triggering, AND
b) the use and state of the 'High definition' setting (see screenshot #2)

Again, this is my experience. YMMV.

View attachment 81398

View attachment 81399
Thanks. This seems to confirm what I expected regarding the profiles at least.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here’s some guidance and info I just received from Ken today... Note that preset maps are sensitive to profile changes, unless you heed his advice about disabling the general zones map.

“Really if you are using preset overrides, you should not also use the general zone maps. The zone map set on the Trigger/Motion page will still become active if the camera is reset or the profile changes, so just disable those.

Each time there is a resolution change, there is a new zone map for this. The HD setting would cause a change in the motion detection resolution, meaning a new map is required.”

Finally, my observations in the UPDATE in post #5 appears to be a consequence of Ken’s comment that the general zone map becomes active when the camera is reset (which happens when you close the camera setting dialog).

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
For an update from Ken regarding the use of preset override zone maps, you might want to check out this post:

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For an update from Ken regarding the use of preset override zone maps, you might want to check out this post:
Thanks for the heads up!