PTZ lagging on movement

Reaction score
Hi all. first time poster long time anonymous reader.

So ill tell you my setup first.

My recorder is a HIK-7616NI-I2-16

I have just purchased and installed a SD59430U-HNI auto tracking PTZ for the rear of my property.

I have setup the PTZ on ONVIF protocol and everything is working ok.

Except for when the PTZ is in motion. So when it is tracking something through the back of my property i cant seem to stop it from lagging on playback. It will skip 2-7 seconds at a time.

If i do a local record straight back to my computer i dont have the same fault so im thinking its something to do with too much information trying to be recorded at once. I turned down the bits to around 2000 fps to 15 and resolution to 1080P

The image is starting to get a bit crackly and it sort of defeats the purpose of the camera.

Can anyone recommend any settings that may help this problem? While still keeping a good image.

Thank You!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all. first time poster long time anonymous reader.

So ill tell you my setup first.

My recorder is a HIK-7616NI-I2-16

I have just purchased and installed a SD59430U-HNI auto tracking PTZ for the rear of my property.

I have setup the PTZ on ONVIF protocol and everything is working ok.

Except for when the PTZ is in motion. So when it is tracking something through the back of my property i cant seem to stop it from lagging on playback. It will skip 2-7 seconds at a time.

If i do a local record straight back to my computer i dont have the same fault so im thinking its something to do with too much information trying to be recorded at once. I turned down the bits to around 2000 fps to 15 and resolution to 1080P

The image is starting to get a bit crackly and it sort of defeats the purpose of the camera.

Can anyone recommend any settings that may help this problem? While still keeping a good image.

Thank You!
Did you try running camera thru a switch first.. seemed to help mine..

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
i have it running through my modem at the moment. but your right i domt think the ports are rated all that highly.!
ill grab a switch tomorow and see how it goes.

thanks for your reply

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
i have it running through my modem at the moment. but your right i domt think the ports are rated all that highly.!
ill grab a switch tomorow and see how it goes.

thanks for your reply
Sure.. let us know if this helped