PTZ ir illuminator adjustment control absent?

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bench tested a new SD5A425GA-HNR ptz with a Dahua nvr. All worked well, including test of ir illuminator with nvr control... normal illuminator options were available (auto/manual/0-100). However after installing the ptz on building the nvr control does not show option to adjust illuminator. Pc Web browser control works perfect for everything on this ptz except that selecting the illuminator option tab crashes the browser tab (need to sign into camera again). The ptz ir illuminators themselves are lit at night but for some reason there is no way to adjust output. Any ideas why?

Last edited:

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried swapping power supplies to no avail. Also restarting ptz.
The ir LEDs switch depending on zoom but they appear to be at ~50% (guessing here). Why is there no option to adjust the illuminators?
Any ideas whatsoever?
Please?
With sugar on top?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
  • Are you accessing the setting on the camera itself or the NVR? Always make settings on the camera interface directly.
  • Are you using IE? Some controls dont show or react well using various browsers.

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
  • Are you accessing the setting on the camera itself or the NVR? Always make settings on the camera interface directly.
  • Are you using IE? Some controls dont show or react well using various browsers.
Thanks for the reply.
After mounting cam on building I've tried accessing via the nvr and also on LAN via pc and firefox. During bench testing the illuminator controls did in fact appear on the nvr controls.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
USE IE and access the camera UI directly, NOT the NVR interface.

You could also try Pale Moon 32 bit. Many cameras and various firmware's are browser/plugin sensitive

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you installed the plugin for the camera, uninstall it, and any other Dahua plugins.
Close the broswer first.
Then open the browser, go to the cams GUI, and let it install the plugin again.

If you haven't installed the plugin, install it.
This is using only IE.

If that fails, reset camera back to factory defaults, and set it back up from scratch.

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you installed the plugin for the camera, uninstall it, and any other Dahua plugins.
Close the broswer first.

This is using only IE.

If that fails, reset camera back to factory defaults, and set it back up from scratch.
Thank you. Could you please confirm that the cam itself has the plugin onboard and ready to install into the browser? In other words my nvr LAN is not connected to internet but nonetheless it appears that the plugin gets installed via memory on the cam. Or is internet connection required to install dahua plugin?

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Close the broswer first.

This is using only IE.

I reset the cam with small button in back of ptz and for some reason neither the nvr nor a pc on the lan recognizes the ptz anymore. Ideas?

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The hard reset of the ptz did the trick. Now I can set the ir illuminator power.

In the process however I ran into difficulty with the cam password. The camera, the nvr, and the lan pc - all seemed to NOT agree on the password (intermittently). In other words, I set the same password on all and then nvr would declare it invalid. I got the nvr to accept the password and then the lan pc said no dice. This went on for over an hour. Whats worse it seemed to be a moving target - changing over time regardless of my input.
What am I doing wrong?