PTZ IPCam with Audio

Reaction score
Would someone recommend a good ptz ipcam with audio capabilities...
neighbors kids crank up the stereo and base boost in their garage every time the parents leave.. often blasting till 3-4 AM.

Today I had the police show up and wouldn't you know it just as the police arrive the mom runs out and stalls while the kids apparently hide the stereo and leave a small am/fm radio in the garage.
The cop comes out and falls for it hook line and sinker. now I look like the moron whiner .

Anyway all the police did was enbolden these people so I can't see it getting anything other than worse now.

I thought perhaps a cam with audio builtin might at least give me some proof

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good PTZ cams will not have built in audio because all you will hear is the PTZ moving LOL.

They do provide a line that you can hook an external speaker to.

Or if you are using a VMS like an NVR or Blue Iris, you can assign audio to the PTZ from another camera with audio already.

Reaction score
I have three ptz currently and I recall that all three have a mini stereo plug along with the poe ethernet dongle sticking out
Can I assume if it has the audio plug the mic goes there and the camera provides power to that.. just enable the correct audio options on the camera itself and blue iris?
It can't be that simple can it ;)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have three ptz currently and I recall that all three have a mini stereo plug along with the poe ethernet dongle sticking out
Can I assume if it has the audio plug the mic goes there and the camera provides power to that.. just enable the correct audio options on the camera itself and blue iris?
Camera make and model?
It may be "that simple" but it's very possible that it's not......:idk:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't guess, you could fry something.
Give us the exact make and model number of cam.
Or you can look that info up yourself using google.

Reaction score
Don't guess, you could fry something.
Give us the exact make and model number of cam.
Or you can look that info up yourself using google.

Thanks again and your absolutely right.. That second smaller little dongle wasn't a mini audio mic plug, but rather a DC12V IN plug of some kind
Not sure what this would be for but probably not a mic input.. although this simple Hik DS-2CD2032-I has audio options in the cam software

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That second smaller little dongle wasn't a mini audio mic plug, but rather a DC12V IN plug of some kind
Not sure what this would be for but probably not a mic input..
Specs state that cam can be powered by POE or 12VDC (not both simultaneously) ...that coaxial plug, if 5.5mm outside X 2.1mm inside, is for 12VDC with center positive, outside negative.

Reaction score
Specs state that cam can be powered by POE or 12VDC (not both simultaneously) ...that coaxial plug, if 5.5mm outside X 2.1mm inside, is for 12VDC with center positive, outside negative.

Thanks for that.. makes sense to me to offer an additional power option. I can't think of a situation where you would want to run a power and separate network cable but perhaps there would be an applicaiton for that