PTZ Best Tracking Tips

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Wittaj, could you please post a picture with a intrusion box example, how "far" should be from the edge of the image?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is incredible that in 2021 people are still developing web sites that require Internet Explorer for full functionality. I mean seriously, they finally figured out how to decode H.264 and even H.265 video (slowly; it lags badly in my experience) in modern browsers without a plugin, but they can't get a text field to synchronize properly outside of IE?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wittaj, could you please post a picture with a intrusion box example, how "far" should be from the edge of the image?
I pulled up my presets and they are all widely different.

Certainly one of those scenarios where your field of view makes a difference.

I have presets where the box is almost the whole screen, and other presets where it is a much smaller block.

What I did was left to right, I cut the image into thirds. So the left third and right third do not have IVS and just that middle third does.

Then top to bottom, I cut that into quarters. I start with the top and bottom quarters not having IVS rules and just that middle two quarters.

So that creates my initial box. Then I would test it and expand or make tighter the IVS rules based on what I was seeing.

If the camera initially tracked correctly, I would expand the IVS rule until it would miss and look at the sky or go left or right, then I would dial it back smaller.

If the camera initially didn't track correctly and would look up to the sky for example, I would first look at adjusting the field of view.

For example, my one preset in the top left hand corner would catch a coach light on from a house on the next street down if they had it on. That would cause the first movement of the autotrack to move left and up and would then miss the target it started to track. If they didn't have the light on, it tracked fine.

So I made a simple adjustment of my field of view to get that coach light out of the view and then it tracked correctly.