PTZ autotracking not working

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, i purchased a cheap PTZ on ebay that has auto human tracking.
PTZ is all set up but it won't track anyone walking past the camera.

I can't see any human tracking function on my new NVR.
Is this why it won't track?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, We have another guy on here who bought a PTZ, and it wasn't supposed to have Auto-track, and it's stuck on Auto track with now way to turn it off.
And before that,...I bought a cheap PTZ and it doesn't do shit. Now I've learned my lesson. Don't buy cheap PTZ's. Ever again.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, We have another guy on here who bought a PTZ, and it wasn't supposed to have Auto-track, and it's stuck on Auto track with now way to turn it off.
And before that,...I bought a cheap PTZ and it doesn't do shit. Now I've learned my lesson. Don't buy cheap PTZ's. Ever again.
LOL...... I've always purchased cheap or chinese imitation hikvision ones and had no issues.

This one is "ok" but just want human tracking to work :(

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reaction score
I read the description very thoroughly in the eBay listing, and except for the upper portion (title) I saw no indication it does true autotracking. Seems another person has the same camera, with the same inability to set up auto tracking.

Note when this buyer tried setting it up, the camera showed a different model number in the web interface. Not sure what that is about. The eBay listing does say in a few places, that it supports auto tracking. But, it does not truely state it is built in to the firmware. It is a Chinese camera, so as always it's buyer beware, and the brand is listed as "Unbranded/Generic". That is unfortunately as huge red flag as to what you will get.

And, I just found this in the listing, with the words 'Note' and 'Does Not Have' in RED.

Note: this camera does not have WiFi function, card slot, auto tracking function, microphone and audio. If you need these functions, please contact us

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read the description very thoroughly in the eBay listing, and except for the upper portion (title) I saw no indication it does true autotracking. Seems another person has the same camera, with the same inability to set up auto tracking.

Note when this buyer tried setting it up, the camera showed a different model number in the web interface. Not sure what that is about. The eBay listing does say in a few places, that it supports auto tracking. But, it does not truely state it is built in to the firmware. It is a Chinese camera, so as always it's buyer beware, and the brand is listed as "Unbranded/Generic". That is unfortunately as huge red flag as to what you will get.

And, I just found this in the listing, with the words 'Note' and 'Does Not Have' in RED.

Note: this camera does not have WiFi function, card slot, auto tracking function, microphone and audio. If you need these functions, please contact us
It has tracking on the interface, but it wants VLC plug in so i can see the interface controls. Can't work that out.
I'll probably just send back and get a refund

Reaction score
It has tracking on the interface, but it wants VLC plug in so i can see the interface controls. Can't work that out.
I'll probably just send back and get a refund
Try installing the plug in first. What is there to lose.
or

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try installing the plug in first. What is there to lose.
or
I managed to get it working as I used old Explorer version.
But still can't get it to track.
I can see preset 40 apparently activates the tracking so ive set 40 to my driveway, walked around and still nothing LOL

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm afraid touch mine anymore. if i select Preset 40, it will no doubt go Ape Shit and start tracking the snow flakes coming down, and burn out the motors, and catch on fire and burn the whole building down.