PTZ arrow keys more sensitive in newer versions?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm on 5.2.4.3 but seemed to have noticed that maybe 1-3 versions ago the left/right/up/down soft buttons for moving a PTZ camera have gotten more sensitive.
Now, when I double click on a directional soft arrow key, usually on the 2nd click, the camera keeps panning that direction and doesn't stop.
This is happening now on both of my Dahua PTZ cameras.
Anyone else having this issue?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on 5.2.4.3 but seemed to have noticed that maybe 1-3 versions ago the left/right/up/down soft buttons for moving a PTZ camera have gotten more sensitive.
Now, when I double click on a directional soft arrow key, usually on the 2nd click, the camera keeps panning that direction and doesn't stop.
This is happening now on both of my Dahua PTZ cameras.
Anyone else having this issue?
Under BI's PTZ settings, try ONVIF or the one (of 3 available) for Dahua that you're not using now and see if it helps.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My dad rapidly clicks ptz directional arrows. Makes me cringe, because I know most programs including Blue Iris are not careful to always send a stop command after a start command, and the more clicks you make, the more chance there is to get your PTZ cam stuck moving due to glitching the thing out or due to the commands arriving out of order or not arriving at all due to poor network conditions.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Also for what its worth, on the same BI version, my dahua PTZs are not misbehaving. Even if I double click.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's odd. I've had both of these Dahua's for over a year and up until a recent update this behavior has never happened before. I I don't really mean a rapid double click, maybe a click <wait a second> click, but really not a fast double or triple click.
I'm setup for ONVIF now but will try the other Dahua's under the PTZ control tab.
I currently have a 42212TNI and SD49225T-HN.

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've recently gotten 2 of my Analog PTZ's running through a DVR and controlled by BI.
A few things i have encountered and set up for best results are the following:
Smooth panning requires Live Preview Rate @ 30 FPS
In PTZ/Control the panning speed can be adjusted. My best results are at 5-6.
You may be using direct BI control if they are IP PTZ's , for which I have no experience.
Good luck, PTZ's are a lot of fun