PSS vs Smart PSS I've been using smart PSS for a couple of weeks now. I think it's be

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been using smart PSS for a couple of weeks now. I think it's better than PSS. It seems to bring up cameras faster, easier to playback, when adding an NVR, it picks up the s/n and
all the info on it, you can zoom into the playback time bar, you can set images to different viewing ratio's like 16:9, full screen, etc. , and it just looks a bit more refined than PSS. Has anyone else tried both and what do you think?

Clipboard01-109.jpg Clipboard02-25.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been kinda interested but I like PSS a bunch so I haven't really felt the need to check it out. Smart PSS always seems like a lite version of PSS, when I look into it. So I haven't really tried it. I may, but haven't yet.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock, I downloaded it once before and really didn't feel it. My PSS is maxed out with devices so I tried smart pss. After alittle while of getting used to it, I really like it. It seems faster and more
fluent than PSS.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The limit is 50 devices, but I've been deleting people here and there. I'm pretty much installing a Dahua system 1-2 systems per week, and than I have my full time job. And I am booked definite for the next 6 weekends. I also plan on installing a 2mp 30x PTZ on my friends shop in Long Island and mount a 55" LED TV and just have the PTZ doing a tour with zooming and panning. He said he is positive a whole bunch of jobs will come from that.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Damn, you're crankin it out! With so many systems out there, do service calls keep you busy at all? Where on LI you gonna be this time?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only service calls I get right now I can handle with team viewer. Usually, it's people bought a new router or reset the router. I am very cautious with my installation of my cameras and do everything possible to my knowledge to keep connections water and weatherproof so I don't get any calls about cameras dying, knock on wood. This week, I'm forced to take two days off cause these customers can only have me work during the week. One is in PA, and the other is inside of JFK airport. This Saturday coming up, I'll be in Oceanside on a residential install. The 4 cameras I posted in the above post, was from today and is the guys parents house. He drove by my job last saturday and saw me working so he pulled over and started talking to me. I ended up getting his parents house today and his house next week. He wants me to do his office in a few weeks once renovation is done. It's getting pretty crazy, but I am not complaining at all, lol. :D

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good for your vector18 your installs are nice and tight.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These are the six cameras I did last saturday when the guy came up to me. This is also in Oceanside. I try to post night time shots cause we all know day time always looks good, lol.

Clipboard04-5.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, awesome Vec. What cameras do you most often use now? I think I remember you saying you used some eyeball domes. Are they mostly doing well with IR? I remember some of them having some IR bleed into the lens on those cameras which is why I'm kinda avoiding them for a choice right now.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been using the 1.3 eyeballs. Dahua has updated them and they are no longer plastic housings. They are all metal and even the connector has the twist end like the hiks do. I only experience IR bleed if they are not installed in a good location. I've been pretty happy with them and they look cleaner than the bullets for residential.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The early domes had issues with the ir filter getting stuck but it looks like they figured that out...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with mine. I thought I had an issue a few times, but the profile setting was wrong. It was telling the camera it was daytime when it was nighttime.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have four of those on order in 3mp. I figured the better IR's will work well with the higher resolution. The price is very close to what I pay for 1.3's here in NY as well. And I love that they have built in mics!

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great job, vector!
Happy do hear you're busy as a bee installing more systems and testing new gear!
:)