***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i put 18tb toshiba mg09 harddrive into 4-series yesterday. price was around 220€
previous 6tb skyhawk was installed.

both drives are recognized fine, difference is that only skyhawk can be monitored under "disk check/health monitoring".

on menu you can decide what you want. if both drives are in the same disk group they add up, you can choose different disk groups and assign channels to the disk groups.
this is not raid0, you can remove one harddrive and only loose some footage

if you choose redundancy, it is like raid1

dahua harddrive.jpg

Last edited:

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i put 18tb toshiba mg09 harddrive into 4-series yesterday. price was around 220€
previous 6tb skyhawk was installed.

both drives are recognized fine, difference is that only skyhawk can be monitored under "disk check/health monitoring".

on menu you can decide what you want. if both drives are in the same disk group they add up, you can choose different disk groups and assign channels to the disk groups.
this is not raid0, you can remove one harddrive and only loose some footage

if you choose redundancy, it is like raid1

View attachment 170075
Thank you

ms0000

n3wb
Reaction score
Could someone please help me with Dahua xvr5108hs-i3
Purchase this one and try to setup MD recording from a few IP cameras without any success.
Continuously recording works fine but MD for any of these 3 cameras doesn't work. (Recording scheduler configured properly, MD enabled on cameras where it available and on XVR as well, also regions configured)
3 cameras I tried to set MD recording:
  • IMOU IPC-C22E-D (It's a subbrand of Dahua and I expected it should work fine with Dahua XVR)
  • Dahua VTO2211G-WP (It hasn't an MD checkbox anywhere, but I found a video on YouTube with a very similar configuration where MD works without any issues (video below))
  • China Camera with ONVIF 21.06 ( I know China camera is not the case and in most cases, MD will not work so wouldn't care about this one if got issues only with this China camera and working at least one from above)

Also, I've tried to add Dahua VTO not only as a native camera to XVR but also as an ONVIF camera. And in both scenarios, no MD comes.
As for the IMOU camera, I found in XVR logs I get alarms on IMOU SD card failure, which means that IMOU able to send some alarms and XVR is able to see them. Not sure why MD alarms are not received in such a case.

YouTube video where VTO MD works on Dahua XVR:

parallon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Playback via NVR web interface. USE IE or you won't see some controls

View attachment 57883 View attachment 57884 View attachment 57885 View attachment 57886

You can also use 'Backup" and download by timeframe
View attachment 72581 View attachment 72582

**** Please note: I use and recommend SmartPSS to view and playback or download clips. It’s easier and is a better interface. But per above you can do it on the NVR.
Download SmartPSS here
Do you happen to know where to get the Windows download for SmartPSS? I clicked on your link, and it is only showing Apple products.

Thanks,

Mike

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Weird, it was there not too many weeks ago

Guess you should snag the Lite version, which is fine actually

The stnd SmartPSS had a PC based VMS built around it, called PC-NVR is wasnt very good and you could use the two components separately. SmartPSS was the viewer/playback/download component and for that it works very well. Lite seems to be SmartPSS with PC-NVR stripped out

Last edited:

parallon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bigredfish - Thank you. Any experience with DSS Express? I read somewhere that is the way Dahua is heading.

Mike

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope, but yes I've heard same. I think our days of free VMS/management software are coming to an end :(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, but yes I've heard same. I think our days of free VMS/management software are coming to an end :(
They see what people are happy to pay Ring and figure they are missing out on subscription fees lol:angry: