Pros should do better

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Article describes police search for a woman fraudulently making ATM withdrawals. Pictures aren’t bad, but you‘d think an ATM could have a better image. Also, why doesn’t a drive-up ATM also have a license plate camera?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Article describes police search for a woman fraudulently making ATM withdrawals. Pictures aren’t bad, but you‘d think an ATM could have a better image. Also, why doesn’t a drive-up ATM also have a license plate camera?
True....looks 640 X 480 @ 256 colors or the like.
I wonder how in the heck this soccer mom in a mini-van managed to withdraw the cash ?
Skimmer?
Legit card(s) with PIN numbers?

EDIT: it looks like she's got a phone on her right ear...maybe someone is giving her PIN 's ? :wtf:

Last edited:

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I should say its because of this place my shit is better
Im smart enough to understand i dont know what i dont know, and i stalk this place and read threads from those who have done a lot of leg work
there are some threads here that are gold. And some people have done a shit ton of work so that dumbasses like me dont have to waste hundreds or thousands on shit cameras.
I stumbled onto this place, and it truly is full of a shitton of information

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
When I was doing Novell Networks, banks had their master password as guess what??
You guess it!!! password :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In the early days of "internet" networking, online time was expensive. When one opened a terminal (ATM)
transfers could flow from one place to another via the open terminal (you) in the middle. You were limited
a small amount per withdrawal. Not to protect you but, them! Unseen by the terminal (you) because of latency,
all of the transfer went into and out of the open terminal before it is registered on the screen.
But occasionally it doesn't work and somebody "jackpots".

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I was doing Novell Networks, banks had their master password as guess what??
You guess it!!! password :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In the early days of "internet" networking, online time was expensive. When one opened a terminal (ATM)
transfers could flow from one place to another via the open terminal (you) in the middle. You were limited
a small amount per withdrawal. Not to protect you but, them! Unseen by the terminal (you) because of latency,
all of the transfer went into and out of the open terminal before it is registered on the screen.
But occasionally it doesn't work and somebody "jackpots".
i worked at one very famous engine shop. We are sitting in an airport somewhere, me, my boss and a customer
my boss has his briefcase sitting there.
the customer says "only a fucking idiot sets their combination to 1234
my boss gets a funny look. his combo was 1234

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i worked at one very famous engine shop. We are sitting in an airport somewhere, me, my boss and a customer
my boss has his briefcase sitting there.
the customer says "only a fucking idiot sets their combination to 1234
my boss gets a funny look. his combo was 1234
...after which, your boss promptly looked up how to reprogram it, and set it to "4321"...

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
It reminds me of a neighborhood Facebook post a while back. Apparently this neighbor does low voltage and CCTV camera installs. It was of a door checker and he wanted to let people know and/or ask if the perp was recognized (it's been a while and my memory is cloudy on the exact purpose of his post). The images were in color and honestly better than average, but they still had enough motion blurring to make identification impossible. In the post, he actually said that he had "better footage" because the cameras were 4k, but the Facebook images were a lower resolution.

He didn't like it when I said that more pixels of a blurry subject would still be blurry and that he should concentrate on low light performance instead of chasing pixels. I honestly didn't know he was a CCTV installer until he replied to my post with that information - basically claiming he was an expert. I told him it made the situation even worse and he should know better. He REALLY didn't like that response. :lol: