Proper BI settings backup

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello!

Please point to a post or thread; Searched (may be, not enough) didn't find info on proper way to backup / restore BI settings specifically: Cameras, Motion, Alerts, i.e. core functions and their settings.
Right now, I image OS drive but, just in case I have to reload OS or start fresh, I'd like to be able to restore all the settings instead of re-configuring everything (very time consuming and error prone).

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello!

Please point to a post or thread; Searched (may be, not enough) didn't find info on proper way to backup / restore BI settings specifically: Cameras, Motion, Alerts, i.e. core functions and their settings.
Right now, I image OS drive but, just in case I have to reload OS or start fresh, I'd like to be able to restore all the settings instead of re-configuring everything (very time consuming and error prone).

Thanks!
On the first page of the main BI settings there are Import and Export buttons. I've just recently moved my install to a new PC and exporting from the old and importing on the new worked flawlessly.
On the new PC when I did the import I had to enter my license key and restart BI, then all my cameras and settings were there.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't forget to deactivate your old Blueiris before shutting it down.
Saves you form having to contact support to get it reset so your new PC will work.

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't forget to deactivate your old Blueiris before shutting it down.
Saves you form having to contact support to get it reset so your new PC will work.
My PC is not connected to the Internet. I am confused on why this matters. Are you saying that before exporting settings, the license should be deactivated? Or, deactivate AFTER export? The latter makes sense to me some degree... I'll check help file to see if it is any clearer there.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The export has nothing to do with the deactivation. If you p!an on moving bi to another machine. Or doing a complete reinstall the license should be deactivated. If you do not deactivated you will not be able to reinstall bi without contacting support.