Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

Reaction score
...snip.... or shoplifting (which is still a crime, just a misdemeanor rather than a felony).
it doesn't matter that it is still a crime. It is not enforced.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Amid Crime Wave, Franklin County Prosecutor Says He’s Protecting Ohioans of Color – from Police

Amid Crime Wave, Franklin County Prosecutor Says He’s Protecting Ohioans of Color – from Police November 30, 2021 Peter D'Abrosca Gary Tyack more

As central Ohio sees crime rates soar, one prosecutor is working to reign in police departments.

In a candid interview with WBNS, Franklin County Prosecutor Gary Tyack said his office is working to protect the African American community from police, and that it is focused on prosecuting police officers.
“We feel like it is our job to let the community know, especially the African-American community that they are not fair game for a police officer,” Tyack, who has been on the job for a year, told the news station.

Columbus has reached a record-high in murders in 2021.

Though he noted that “biggest problem is that the crime wave in Central Ohio doesn’t seem to be abating,” Tyack is focused on police misconduct.

“One of the big changes that our office (has) made is that we are willing to consider charging a police officer who shoots someone and shouldn’t have,” he said.

He’s also focused on diversity initiatives, including hiring a diverse staff of prosecutors to handle the cases of violent alleged crimes that are piling up.

“We have excellent staff, and we have excellent prosecutors, some of whom I have hired. I have added more African-Americans and other folks so we have a little more balance than what the office was before,” Tyack said.
The Franklin County Fraternal Order of Police and the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office did not respond to a comment request.

As of October, Columbus’ murder rate had grown a whopping 64 percent in 2021, growing faster than any major city in America this year....

Amid Crime Wave, Franklin County Prosecutor Says He's Protecting Ohioans of Color - from Police - The Ohio Star

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
A few points:
  1. California's crime rates aren't that far off from national trends, according to this analysis. A little better than average on homicide; a little worse than average on property crime. I prefer California's stats to the national ones because getting murdered would be a bigger problem for me than being stolen from. YMMV.
  2. Most cities are run by liberal Democrats (and most rural areas are run by conservative Republicans).
  3. California hasn't led in "criminal justice reform", according to Soros-backed (not really) politician Newt Gingrich in this op-ed.
Dude,

Stunning Images Reveal Downtown San Francisco Is Boarded Up Amid Mass Looting

San Francisco is spiraling out of control amid a massive wave of "smash-and-grab" gangs targeting retail stores. Progressives have transformed the metro area into a liberal hell-hole of surging violent crime. Retail thefts have dramatically increased due to the recent passage of 'Proposition 47,' which lowers the penalty for theft.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it doesn't matter that it is still a crime. It is not enforced.

1638469378752.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
“One of the big changes that our office (has) made is that we are willing to consider charging a police officer who shoots someone and shouldn’t have,” he said.
Translation to Left-speak: "One of the big changes that our office (has) made is that we are willing to consider charging will charge a police officer who shoots someone and shouldn’t have anyone."

You can speak to us like we're 3 year olds if you like, because it doesn't really matter...we already know what you're going to do. :mad:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WTF does he think is gonna happen if it isn't cocked all the way and he lets go...

“I cock the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin said. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
WTF does he think is gonna happen if it isn't cocked all the way and he lets go...

“I cock the gun. I go, ‘Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?’” Baldwin said. “And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off. I let go of the hammer of the gun, the gun goes off.”

Exactly. The gun in question is a clone of the Colt SAA revolver. Normally you pull back the hammer to cock the revolver and then you pull the trigger in order to fire it. If you pull the hammer back most of the way but it does not catch/cock and they you let the hammer fall it is possible to fire the weapon in that manner. Reason is as you pull back the hammer the cylinder is also rotating to get the bullet/chamber ready for the next firing. Bottom line is that Baldwin does not have a clue. He would get tore up on the witness stand. By the way I have had numerous Colt SAA revolvers over the years and I have never had that happen because I have always fully cocked the gun. I am just assuming it is possible.

Reaction score
Exactly. The gun in question is a clone of the Colt SAA revolver. Normally you pull back the hammer to cock the revolver and then you pull the trigger in order to fire it. If you pull the hammer back most of the way but it does not catch/cock and they you let the hammer fall it is possible to fire the weapon in that manner. Reason is as you pull back the hammer the cylinder is also rotating to get the bullet/chamber ready for the next firing. Bottom line is that Baldwin does not have a clue. He would get tore up on the witness stand. By the way I have had numerous Colt SAA revolvers over the years and I have never had that happen because I have always fully cocked the gun. I am just assuming it is possible.
Go about halfway through or more-- or you can listen to him explain how he does what he does....