Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a great example why it's called the Washington Compost...
The headline:
Emboldened shoppers threaten Target workers over Pride Month items

The opening sentence, explained:

Intimidation with a weapon: Brandishing her own scissors in front of guest services in a Target store in south Florida
Violent action: the customer chopped up her store credit card while lambasting the retail chain for carrying Pride Month merchandise.
The threat: "I am never shopping here again," she warned.

Emboldened shoppers threaten Target workers over Pride Month items

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Ultimately, libs want to decide if your house is larger "than you need". Not only because of envy and climate change but so they can decide if you should warehouse a homeless person.

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Easy Target
Easy Target | ZeroHedge

Let's jump back 40 years in time to the 1980s, which is when I grew up. Advertising, supermodels, and commercials were all over the place, and any major brand would feature a very attractive person, such as, let's say, Christie Brinkley:

On Saturday morning, I walked into a local Target store to pick up something one of my kids needed. I don't make a habit of walking into retail stores, especially the moment they open on a Saturday, but I was running some errands and wanted to get this task done. I did not go into Target with the objective of writing a post about it, but here we are.

The moment I walked into the store, right next to the huge Pride display (which has been getting all the attention lately) I was confronted with this image:

It struck me as very out-of-place. After all, they were trying to sell bikinis. The kinds of images of women in bikinis I grew up with didn't feature women there were overweight. They featured slender, sexy models that looked great in bikinis. The idea being, obviously, that a shopper looking at such a poster would think that they would look something like that as well, and all they would have to do is buy it.
So tell me... Back in the day, with Christie advertising this stuff... How many bikinis did YOU buy?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Having more than a little experience in the advertising world, it’s all about selling the dream, be it bikinis, cars, real estate, guns, technology…