Problems with Dahua video system

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently facing a wierd problem about Dahua system. First, the current configuration is this:
NVR: 1x NVR5432-4KS2
IP Camera: 16x IPC-HF-W1300SP
PoE Switch: 1x Planet GSW-2620VHP
Dedicated PC with only Smart PSS installed and a few other miscellaneous programs.

The problem: Sometimes Smart PSS display the message "Device Offline" on all 16 cameras display's on a local PC monitor. The wierd thing is that the NVR has a local internet connection with PC and the whole video system is under a UPS. I can tell that the main power still worked when the "Device Offline" showed up, so it's not about UPS not having enough power.
Also the NVR is set to have a static IP so it didn't lose connection with the PC. The system is also connected to internet using a P2P connection. The P2P function works great both on PC (other PC, around 400KM away from the place where the video system is located) and on mobile app. Only the local PC lose conection with NVR. So I want to ask what is the problem, or what should i change to make the system work without problems.
I need to mention that changing NVR's IP from static to DHCP is out the question because i need to have a local connection between the PC and NVR.
Thank you :)

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, as i got it, P2P applications work well and do not have "Device Offline" sign?

If so, than the problem is in your LAN configuration, not Dahua system.

Reaction score
So, as i got it, P2P applications work well and do not have "Device Offline" sign?

If so, than the problem is in your LAN configuration, not Dahua system.

Yes, the P2P functions work's well. As for my local connection what would be the problem ? NVR has Static IP and couldn't lose connection with Smart PSS. Btw I thing I may have frogoten to mention that this happens a few times a week. I mean let's say Monday, NVR lose it's connection with Smart PSS for a few hours, then after lots of restarts both for PC itself and Smart PSS, the conection suddenly works whitout actualy doing some to remedy the problem. Then Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (for exemple ) work's without a problem, then Friday Smart PSS lose connection with NVR for a few hours, after which it's working well. All of this is happening on local connection between just the PC and NVR, without someone disrupting the connection between them, or to be more accurate there is a guy who sit and watch cameras images on PC's monitor, but the guy does not know any computer stuff. There may be an entire week where the system works well, then the next week I may or may not have problems. I need to repeat that the video system is under an UPS and all this problem is happening on a local conection where nobody enter.

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry pal, by my experience it is 95% LAN problem or the switch.

When it happens you did a lan test? Ping? What happens to the network adapter of your PC&.

By the way. When it happens, do you see the IPC (not from NVR but accessed directly)?

Reaction score
Unfortunately I wasn't there when it happened. So i couldn't ping the devices on LAN. The same can be said about IPC, i wasn't there to visual the manualy on IE.