Problem!!

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a new camera mounted on my barn and a security light about 100ft away in front of the camera view. The camera worked great until about 3am now all I see is a bright glare at the white light washes out the rest of the screen. It did have a small faint halo all night but wasnt a issue. First time I encounter this any suggestions?

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check your camera settings to see if something has changed. If not, then restart the camera or do a camera reset.

Others will need to know the camera model, BI or NVR, etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a video clip - are you sure it isn't a light mist/fog bounceback?

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its the same tonight and during the day I had a haze high up in the camera view all day. Pllaying with the settings did not change a thing. It wasnt sun glare either we had very little sun today. I also cleaned it. I looked at the lens and there is something wrong it is not like the others. There is a small break /crack on one side. It must be the camera. It is a new /old camera. It is new been in the box in storage for 3 yrs. I bought a extra one as a spare. Just posted on another thread some where here about how happy I was with the cameras. Then this happens. Well one bad apple out of 5 isnt bad they were the duaha clones cheapos on amazon I think I paid like $49 for them. Sticker in the box says it is a paningal(sp?). Going to replace it with one of andys cameras the $79 one. The other 4 have been rock solid for 3 yrs plus 2 of andys . The starlights are only marginally better from my experience but sill good enough to pay the few bucks more to have. I use Ir Lumnators with all of them. That is one investment I would recommend every one to do if you need long range coverage.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a new camera mounted on my barn and a security light about 100ft away in front of the camera view. The camera worked great until about 3am now all I see is a bright glare at the white light washes out the rest of the screen. It did have a small faint halo all night but wasnt a issue. First time I encounter this any suggestions?
What type of camera is it @firefly556

firefly556

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What type of camera is it @firefly556
Its supposely a dahua international version 6mp 2.8 poe camera. But no name on anything its one of the clones most likely. But 4 of them have been straight up awesome cameras for 3 years now. I never expected to get this much use out of them. I figured they be tore up in a year.