Problem with PTZ settings in BI

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have several outside cameras that are stationary. I have one that is a PTZ camera. I have each camera programmed to send a command to the PTZ camera when they are triggered. When a trigger occurs, the PTZ will change presets and look in the general area of the activated camera. I can run a test under the "On Alert" tab for each camera and the PTZ responds as it should. However, when I go to camera settings in the camera itself and click "Trigger Now", the PTZ does not respond. I do have two out of nine cameras that do work correctly when the trigger now button is activated. I have checked and doubled checked the setting with the cameras that are working correctly and I don's see any discrepancies in the settings. Cant figure out what I am over looking.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
How much time are you waiting between each instance of clicking "Trigger Now"? If you have too many cameras calling the PTZ to a preset, it could be an issue if one call-to needs to time out before it will accept a call-to from another camera.

Have you made sure the presets have been imported into BI? What happens when you go to the PTZ's PTZ tab, click edit Presets, select a preset, and then click Call?

1714149234198.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From BI's "Help":

Note that when testing, the action set runs in the console UI process. If you are running Blue
Iris as a service in the background, “real” action sets run in the service process, and this can
create discrepancies in what you experience:

• The service has no access to the Windows UI, meaning there are no visible windows.
• The service may have limited access to some hardware, which in some cases will include
access to the sound card to play sounds.
• Popup toast actions will only appear when the console is open.
• The service by default runs as a user called “local service” which does not have the same
access to the system as your user account. For most action types, it’s recommended that
you run the service with your own user account instead. This is changed by opening the
Windows service manager (search for services) and edit the Blue Iris service entry Login
page. See the Administration chapter for instructions.
• The service may not understand your file system designations like “H:” etc. as these are
user-specific. You should always use UNC names where possible (\\server\share).

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I walked around in front of the cameras and they all recorded me but only two activated the PTZ. One of the cameras that the PTZ responds to is a new camera. Im thinking that I have a setting in the others set different for the Home profile. For instance when I walked in front of the cameras I did not get an alert on my phone, but I did on the one that worked. I have checked the profile and schedules to make sure they are active during that profile and they are.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta just delete the problem camera and add back.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Deactivate the trigger on all but one, don't try troubleshooting this issue on more than one at a time.