Problem with PTZ control with Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-IS

Laurann

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My first post on this forum and i already have a problem with my brandnew Hikvision camera.
It's the Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-IS.

I'm not really into camera's but my dad bought this camera and wanted me to configure it.
Everything works. I changed the ipadress of the camera. Installed IVMS-4200 and got the camera up and running.
But now there is a problem. When i'm viewing the Main (live) view i can't use the PTZ control keys to tilt, turn and rotate the camera.
My dad is sure there are 3 motors in it to do all these actions but i don't know for sure.
In the documentation (Link: http://overseas.hikvision.com//uploadfile/image/10177_CUsersdingyingtingDesktopUD.6L0201D1919A01BaselineUserManualofNetworkCameraV5.3.020150324.pdf) on page 158 there is a part on configuring RS-485 settings. But i can't find these in the desktop software or the browser software. I can find RS-232 but those options are for a different thing (or does it?)

Could you guys answer the question if the camera can be moved via the software or is it a static camera? I surely hope i'm doing something wrong:shame:.

Edit: I installed IVMS4500 on my mobile phone and the tilting and turning doesn't work there either. I feel something bad coming up.*

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its not a ptz cam???

I have a couple of these and you just manually move the lens to position

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No PTZ I own one and not pleased with 3mp qualtiy so far only slightly better than my 5 year old Foscam 18905's .

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
The hik 2135 is NOT a PTZ cam. you open the dome and manually aim it.
it's not even varifocal (has fixed field of view and focus)

The manual is written generically to cover the manufacturer's other cameras that may have that feature.
The apps default to showing you ptz controls, just in case your cam does have it, but yours doesn't.

If you just got it and really need PTZ functionality, see if you can return it.