Problem with live camera feed in Blue Iris after firmware upgrade

iamrayl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I upgraded the firmware on two Foscam FI9900P cameras a few days ago and since then I have been having an issue where the video in the live feed is distorted in the Blue Iris desktop software and app. I am also getting a ton of false alerts due to the distorted video (I guess Blue Iris thinks the distortion is motion when there isn't any) so I had to disable the motion functionality. It does not display like this in the Foscam software or app. I am running the latest release of the Blue Iris software. I have contacted Blue Iris support but no word back from them as yet. Pic is attached. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attachments

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having issues with the FI9900P also, but different to yours. I get a delay of about 1 minute!
I've seen the issue that you describe.

Try setting hardware decoding to default under the video tab.

iamrayl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. My cameras have a 15-20 second delay even though they are wired (wireless was spotty for me). I contacted BI support and they had me check to make sure my antivirus wasn't blocking BI etc. but nothing has worked. When I view the cams in the Foscam web interface there is no delay (if a car drives by I see it instantaneously in the Foscam web interface) but I see that activity 15 secs later on the BI live view and the alerts are also delayed as well. Let me know if you find a solution. It's very frustrating and makes the security cameras useless if you can't see events in real time. 1-5 secs is ok but 15-20 and in your case 1 minute is unacceptable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. My cameras have a 15-20 second delay even though they are wired (wireless was spotty for me). I contacted BI support and they had me check to make sure my antivirus wasn't blocking BI etc. but nothing has worked. When I view the cams in the Foscam web interface there is no delay (if a car drives by I see it instantaneously in the Foscam web interface) but I see that activity 15 secs later on the BI live view and the alerts are also delayed as well. Let me know if you find a solution. It's very frustrating and makes the security cameras useless if you can't see events in real time. 1-5 secs is ok but 15-20 and in your case 1 minute is unacceptable.
Do you have any other cameras aside from that foscam? do they suffer the same issue? I have never seen a 20 second delay. Have you tried rebooting the system?
You need to understand that the foscam software and app use different protocols than what they send to blue iris. Test using the rtsp stream in VLC.

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another foscam 720p cam. Think it's the FI9821W V2. In the live view in BI there is no delay. My issue seems to limited to the FI9900p.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have another foscam 720p cam. Think it's the FI9821W V2. In the live view in BI there is no delay. My issue seems to limited to the FI9900p.
Is it connected wifi?

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah connected on Wi-Fi. Same AP. Tried VLC on the FI9900P very hit and miss but delay is around 3 seconds.

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
Task manager says its around 30% max CPU. I'm using an Optiplex 9020 i5 4590 3.3ghz with 8Gb RAM.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Task manager says its around 30% max CPU. I'm using an Optiplex 9020 i5 4590 3.3ghz with 8Gb RAM.
What is your receive buffer set to in blue iris for that cam. video>configuration.
Also reboot all network devices, router, AP switches and BI pc.

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
Buffer set to 20mb. Have rebooted all access points etc. Is there any other setting that may be affecting it? Are there logs I can refer to? Thank you for your help by the way!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Buffer set to 20mb. Have rebooted all access points etc. Is there any other setting that may be affecting it? Are there logs I can refer to? Thank you for your help by the way!
Lower it to 3 and see if the delay changes.

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
Whilst playing around trying to get mine working I experienced what you have in your screenshot in another setting.
In BI setting Cameras->Intel HD Hardware Acceleration
When set to anything but NO I get the same video corruption.
So I've kept mine on NO regardless of any performance degradation.

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
Lower it to 3 and see if the delay changes.
Unfortunately no difference. :sad2:

Given that the issue is also seen in VLC using RTSP I am going to look into any potential network issues and firmware.
Will post back with the results.
Thanks again

iamrayl

n3wb
Reaction score
Something I noticed, if you change the video settings on the Foscam web interface (see screenshot) and restart the camera in BI the delay is still there but not as bad. I have yet to find the combination of settings that eliminates the delay. Lowering the bit rate down to 2M or 1M makes it worse. With the settings below I have a 8-10 sec delay.

foscam.JPG

Dave.H

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever get the issue resolved? I just installed this camera and am having the same issue.

dicko72

n3wb
Reaction score
My issue has now been resolved by the latest update. I can now get real-time through mobile and desktop app.