Problem with Hikvsion camera DS-2CD2T42WD-I5

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have a small problem with my Hikvision IP camera DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 at night when the light from car/truck/bus shine on to camera. Camera switch "off" and did not go "on" again. I can see only black screen on record and on day picture is drown by pink colour. I had similar problem with Avtech, so I thking that is somethking wrong with settings. I musr restart camera to "fix" it. Can you help me?

Night record

Day record

Settings:
cam1.JPGcam2.JPGcam3.JPGcam4.JPGcam5.JPGcam6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might be something with the ir filter? Or what was the problem with the other camera?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Problem with AVTech was the same, when light shine to camera then camera switch to black screen too. So I replaced AV with Hik.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try to put manual time switching for night and day settings instead of automatic?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure it gets enough power? What power source are you using. If poe, how far from the nvr or switch is the camera. I'm not sure if it is the power but certainly could be

Reaction score
I do not know exactly how far is it, but max 3 meters from switch to camera. Power source is DGS-1100-08P, it is source for three cameras.
Camera do "magic" at night, then cover image with pink at day. The "magic" is here, between 30-40s.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haha yea that is magic have you tried switching smart ir setting?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried changing it all into manual settings. Because it Prob switch into day mode when the lights from the truck lights shine straight on

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A lot of the hiks firmware have a time delay for switching IR on and off, you can usually increase it. I dont see it in the picture of your settings(where it should be), maybe try another firmware?