problem port forwarding

scottbent

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 2132 cameras. When setting them up for port forwarding I'm. Having a issue. I set the ips up and as soon as I change the port I cannot log onto the camera on my home network. I had them set up for dns forwarding and they we're working fine for remote viewing and all of the sudden the stopped working. So say my ip 192.168.0.50 and ports are at factory setting I can log onto fine. As soon as I set ports to 8001 and 81 I cannot view on my home network. When I type 192.168.0.50:81 I should be able to log onto cam but I cant. In fact it does not even show up on the sadp software. I'm at a loss. Please someone help

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@scottbentWelcome to the forum. This has been reported before..not sure what the issue is..make sure upnp is disabled and also port mapping in the network settings
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3631-changing-Hikvision-HTTP-port-locks-camera?highlight=External+port
As I pointed out there, there is generally no need to change the ports as you can simply have an external port of your choice forwarded to the default internal ports..also if you intend to simply use the mobile app, only forward the media port (8000)...it is more secure this way.
Here is the tech bulletin on upnp to be disabled when port forwarding
http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/doc/20140512/UPnP vs PortForwarding.pdf

scottbent

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Can you explain to me how to do that? I'm not very good at this stuff but I know enough to get me through

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Can you explain to me how to do that? I'm not very good at this stuff but I know enough to get me through
Sure, which part do you need help with?
What router are you using?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a Cisco 3185 I believe
Can you double check the router model? I cannot seem to find it..
The upnp settings and port mapping are in the camera itself..go to advanced then network..disable both..
try and see if that helps first.

scottbent

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a CiscO dpc 3825 and I'm at the lake so I can't check the cams right now but I 99 percent certain those are disabled

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like that model router will not let you choose the external port..many others do.

scottbent

n3wb
Reaction score
I looked at some screen shots on that and it does not show up but I know on my portforward.com screen it says Internal pot on left side, ip address in middle and external port on right. I do know that