Pringles Guy

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What kind of bees, bugs, or flies is that swarming around in the close-up?
Those are mosquitos. The camera is a Dahua IPC-B5442E-Z4E with a zoom range of 8 to 32 MM and it's zoomed in quite a bit so bugs can look larger than they are.

CORRECTION

I failed to realize that the Pringles video was recorded with my old street cam which was a IPC-T5442T-ZE with a zoom range of 2.7mm-12mm. It didn't zoom tight enough so I replaced it with the previously mentioned camera with a more powerful zoom. The bugs are still mosquitos, and they look larger than they are due to digital zoom in the video editing software. Either that or this guy stinks so badly that he travels with his own cloud of flies. :)

Last edited:

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Huh? Why?
That's the big question. My guess is that he was casing the place. He was probably wearing a safety vest to make himself look more official, at least in his own mind. I think he was trying to look like he belonged there by walking up to the mailbox and putting something in it, while getting the best and longest look up my driveway. Hopefully he saw some cams and has taken our place off his list of potential places to burglarize.