Presets for axis camera on Blue Iris

Enayem

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have problem with the settings of the presets on Blue Iris for axis camera, however, it's correctly set up on the axis camera's firmware !

The axis camera is Serie M axis, M3007 and M5014
Can any body help me !
all the best

Enayem

n3wb
Reaction score
for information, video streaming is OK on blue Iris
Ptz control is ok

Only 1..5 Presets button is not Ok

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Not many folks with axis ptz cameras...this is from the help file and may help you
You will see a table showing the 20 possible presets. Each preset has a Name/value and a Description. The name/value is what is actually sent to the camera in response to your request. Most cameras use numbers that directly correspond to the button numbers, in which case you need not make any changes. However, some cameras use text name values, or values beginning with 0, or even-numbered values beginning with 30--and in such cases you will need to edit the name/values to match. You may assign a description to each preset that will be displayed at the bottom of the main window when you hover the mouse cursor over the buttons 1-10.Click to select a preset on the list in order to change its settings. Use the Clear button to quickly erase the preset name and description. Use the Go button to call the preset on the camera in real-time. The Go button may only be used if the camera is already streaming with the PTZ feature previously enabled and appropriate camera type selected.The majority of cameras use numeric values. If your camera uses text values however, you should change the name/value here to match your camera's settings.In addition to name/value and description, you may select whether the preset will participate in the PTZ auto-cycle feature where the camera is made to patrol through preset positions. You may use the + button to quickly select or unselect all of the profile checkboxes 1-7, or you may select only specific schedule profiles during which the preset position will be included.

Enayem

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you verry much ! it's work.

Sorry to not find it myself :/

Reaction score
I have the Axis m3007 as well and do not like the pricey axis software.

I have blue iris running other cameras, but the PTZ setting for the Axis don't work.

I have tried to look for the numeric and alpha commands, even scripts to view my presets but have had no luck.

Can anyone help me with the correct settings? I have tried to follow the info above but I have been unsuccessful.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Axis m3007 as well and do not like the pricey axis software.

I have blue iris running other cameras, but the PTZ setting for the Axis don't work.

I have tried to look for the numeric and alpha commands, even scripts to view my presets but have had no luck.

Can anyone help me with the correct settings? I have tried to follow the info above but I have been unsuccessful.
Welcome to the forum...the axis m3007 is not a pan tilt camera and therefore the controls wont work...its a fisheye camera with digital pan tilt...

Reaction score
Thank you. I am aware that it is digital. I am hoping to set presets in blue iris that will allow me to view the sectors/quadrants that I want, not just the fisheye.

Is there a way to do this in blue iris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I am aware that it is digital. I am hoping to set presets in blue iris that will allow me to view the sectors/quadrants that I want, not just the fisheye.

Is there a way to do this in blue iris?
No, generally these cameras cannot do onboard dewarping...they need the software to do it..if the camera can to it and send a distinct rtsp/onvif stream then blue iris can use it as a separate feed...but the ptz will not work..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am unable to find the rtsp/onvif stream :(
if you are viewing an image from the camera in blue iris its likely coming from one of those sources..the problem is the camera likely (i dont know the specifics of this camera) cannot do onboard dewarping, and therefore you will simply not be able to use it with blue iris as you intend to.

Reaction score
In blue iris, I can see the fisheye view.... But, I can not find out what the rtsp stream is for the camera.

Is there a different type of monitor software as good as blue iris which will allow me to use a digital camera like this Axis M3007-P?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In blue iris, I can see the fisheye view.... But, I can not find out what the rtsp stream is for the camera.

Is there a different type of monitor software as good as blue iris which will allow me to use a digital camera like this Axis M3007-P?
you are likely using the rtsp steam for the fisheye view..the problem is the camera cannot send more than that..you can check with axis to see if the camera can do onboard dewarping and send multiple streams. If it can then you can send multiple independent stream distinct "cameras" to blue iris.
Milestone or exacq may support the camera, but you will be paying 50-150 per camera licencing and some software packages will count each independent view as a "camera"..you can check with them..

Reaction score
Hmm. I found this on the admin settings... but, none of the streams seem to work, even with the port selects xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port

I was hoping to stream the panoramic view, not the fisheye.

Untitled-1.jpg

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like this camera can provide multiple views.
Camera ModeSome 360°/180° cameras must be configured to use either multiple view modes (dewarped views) or intelligent video applications.Multiple view modes - With this option, dewarped views (view modes other than Overview) are available. It is not possible toupload camera applications.Intelligent video applications - With this option, camera applications can be uploaded. Only the Overview view is available.If using multiple view modes, the camera orientation must be set. Select Ceiling, Wall or Desktop depending on how the Axisproduct is installed. Depending on the selected camera orientation, view mode settings will differ.Camera mode and camera orientation are set the first time the product is accessed. To change camera mode, the product must bereset to factory default. To change camera orientation, restoring the product is sufficient. To reset or restore the product, go to Setup> System Options > Maintenance in the product’s web pages.

Reaction score
fenderman - thank you for all of your help. Seriously. I am so glad someone was on the forum to reply.

If all else fails, I will reset the camera and try another installation method.

However, seeing the multiple streams, and even being able to set the ports... I am just stumped on why I cant access them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman - thank you for all of your help. Seriously. I am so glad someone was on the forum to reply.

If all else fails, I will reset the camera and try another installation method.

However, seeing the multiple streams, and even being able to set the ports... I am just stumped on why I cant access them.
The camera needs to be in the proper mode and you have to have the proper URL for the stream...

Reaction score
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!! I HAVE FOUND THE SETTING!!!

For anyone using BLUE IRIS with the AXIS M3007-P Camera

It is possible to choose your custom stream.

1. Add Camera
  2. enter IP address
  3. enter the admin username and password
  4. choose AXIS from the MAKE drop down
  5. Choose your model (I was using M/P/Q Series H264
  6. Click the FIND/INSPECT button
  7. Below the PATH and PARAMS boxes (leave them alone) is a CAMERA selection box. Choose a different camera option to change the stream.
  8. Click OK

Now, the CAMERA selection box does not allow you to label the stream, so it make take a few tries to find the digital preset you like. Additionally, changing the stream and clicking OK, Blue Iris will take a few seconds to acquire the new stream, so wait just a few sec.

Not sure if anyone on planet earth will find this useful, but it sure helped solve a huge issue for me.

fluffypony

n3wb
Reaction score
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!! I HAVE FOUND THE SETTING!!!

For anyone using BLUE IRIS with the AXIS M3007-P Camera

It is possible to choose your custom stream.

1. Add Camera
  2. enter IP address
  3. enter the admin username and password
  4. choose AXIS from the MAKE drop down
  5. Choose your model (I was using M/P/Q Series H264
  6. Click the FIND/INSPECT button
  7. Below the PATH and PARAMS boxes (leave them alone) is a CAMERA selection box. Choose a different camera option to change the stream.
  8. Click OK

Now, the CAMERA selection box does not allow you to label the stream, so it make take a few tries to find the digital preset you like. Additionally, changing the stream and clicking OK, Blue Iris will take a few seconds to acquire the new stream, so wait just a few sec.

Not sure if anyone on planet earth will find this useful, but it sure helped solve a huge issue for me.
You rock my entire world:)

Just as a side-note, you don't have to use the find/inspect button. Choosing the camera model fills in the path and params, where find/inspect just gets confused and thinks it's a generic camera.

One thing I have been struggling with is trying to load all 4 "View Area" streams into Blue Iris simultaneously. Blue Iris seems to get very confused, and ends up only processing 1 view at like 9fps, and struggling to fetch the others. Has anyone gotten that to work?

Also the PTZ controls don't work in Blue Iris, although given the Axis M3007-P's ONVIF support I can only imagine that's a matter of fiddling.