Powering IPC-SD22204UE-GN-W wireless PTZ camera

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I won a 6th place prize in Andy's latest lottery (yea) and while I was expecting a t-shirt :) I actually got a pretty cool camera, a IPC-SD22204UE-GN-W, a 2mp, 4x zoom PTZ.

It did not come with a power adapter and when I plugged it into a POE port it did not power on. I would like to replace one of my wired cameras with this PTZ, so I'm guessing I would need an outdoor POE to 12v DC adapter.

Can anyone recommend a good POE to 12v adapter.

Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It works by POE+.

How do you know it didn't power on? Sometimes the PTZs take a little longer to boot up.

And we will assume you already know it may be on a different subnet of the rest of your system, blah blah blah :lmao:

Last edited:

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, I tried to different POE switches and cables. No joy, the POE lights never come on and after 10 minutes still no connectivity.

So back to the original question, any recommendations for POE power splitter. I looked on amazon and found a few but the reviews aren't great.

Thanks again.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you testing with a known good short cable?
What exact POE switch are you trying?
At any point do you see the camera spin around inside the dome? It should go through it's startup dance.
This is most likely something simple.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, @zexoni70 states in post #2 below that he owns a variation of that cam (SD29204UE-GN-W) and it will not work on POE, it requires a 12VDC @ 2.0 Amp power adapter (wall wart).

The only specs for the SD22204UE-GN-W I could find are here and say nothing about POE any any of the description that I can see, only the below:

SD22204UE-GN-W _power.jpg

Last edited:

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By the way, I found a netgear 12volt 1amp power adapter and the camera does boot up and I setup the username/password.

And plugged an old SVC camera into the cable and POE switch to make sure they both worked.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By the way, I found a netgear 12volt 1amp power adapter and the camera does boot up and I setup the username/password.

And plugged an old SVC camera into the cable and POE switch to make sure they both worked.
When the IR kicks in at night AND you begin some pan/tilt you will likely need at least a 1.5 Amp supply @12 VDC, 2.0 Amp is easier to find.
Make sure it's UL-listed.

EDIT: SD22204UE-GN-W has no IR; it's the SD29204UE-GN-W that does have IR but also does NOT support POE.

Last edited:

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you all. Ordered one, now I just need to figure out where to mount the camera. Probably wait for warmer weather before running wires, so I have a few months to figure out placement.