power outage

carolp

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone please give me a reason/advice for why some of my IP cameras will not come back on after a power outage. I can unplug and replug the camera and then it will work, but that will not help when I am not at home. What causes this to happen, and what can be done to prevent this.
Thank you

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's possible it could be a firmware issue. Have you updated the cameras to the latest firmware? Are the cameras powered from a POE switch? If so, invest in a UPS for it. This will provide power for a limited amount of time in the event of a power outage.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can someone please give me a reason/advice for why some of my IP cameras will not come back on after a power outage. I can unplug and replug the camera and then it will work, but that will not help when I am not at home. What causes this to happen, and what can be done to prevent this.
Thank you
I have a remote system with a couple of wifi cameras that won't come back on line after a power loss or rebooting the router. The router sees them, but they refuse to respond. I put them on a switch, and have them power cycled. They want to be turned on after the wifi router is rebooted. Go figure. In my case I use Samsung Smarththings switches on an automatic schedule to shut down the cameras daily for a couple of minutes, and then it all works.