Power flickered once, my IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS not working anymore.

Clutch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been using the above camera for a few years, worked just fine. Today the power flickered off for a second. One wifi light bulb died and this camera won't connect.

I can ping it but it often drops packets, I've seen close to 5000 msec at times. Thought it might be the wifi router I'm using as a repeater so I brought the camera to a POE switch that is wired to my main router. Acted the same, dropped packets.

Opened it up and pulled the sd card out, tried again, same deal. Pressed the reset button and other than the unit switching from the assigned address to 192.168.1.108 and wiping my password, it didn't change as far as dropping packets and slow pings.

Any thoughts on what I may have missed.

I don't seem to see a camera like this one any more, don't see much of anything in a varifocal. Whats up with supply?

Thanks

Clutch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I have one on order. I gave it 60 seconds the first time but I'll try your suggestion.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Might invest in a good power conditioner. Anything over $3k I don’t even tell the customers I’m building the couple hundred extra into it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is why a GOOD UPS is needed on both the recording device and the POE switch's/routers in the system.
Power blips fry stuff way more often than anything else.
Also, it helps to install a good whole house surge protector.

Clutch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had a surge protector on the supply for the camera. It is still indicating it is fine. Yeah, ups on remote points is going on my list. This is a set up at home. I got five years out of the camera.

The replacement camera from Amazon came in today. What a pain setting it up. I picked the first one wittaj linked. It didn't let me use copy paste for the password and I didn't see an option to see the password I was typing in. Thankfully lastpass picked up what I entered as I got the caps lock key out of sync with what I was typing blind.

Tested with Firefox and chrome which have Lastpass. Then I tried Edge that has no add ins and I couldn't copy paste with it either. What the heck were they thinking?

Device Type IPC-T22IR-ZAS
System Version V2.840.0000000.13.R, Build Date: 2023-09-06
WEB Version V3.2.1.1580274
ONVIF Version 22.06(V2.0.1.73457)
Algorithm Version 3.9.4
Security Baseline Version V2.3

It is always something. New one works now that I got past the password thing.