Post Win 11 update - individual camera windows not opening

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just went through the Windows 11 update on my pc. I currently have about 15 cameras being monitored. If I double click on a camera bi used to open a full screen view of the camera. Now it simply does nothing. If I select "solo selected camera" I can get the full screen view of each camera, but, I never had to do this before Win 11.

Don't know if this is a new Win 11 feature, but, thought it might be nice for the community to know.

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also set the "Maximize Frame" option and can get the cameras to open full screen. I've not changed my settings in several weeks prior to updating to win 11, so, not sure what's changed in my system (other than win 11). In any event, I have 2 methods to get the response I originally had, so, this works for me.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Several here have made the jump without too much trouble, but your thread serves as a warning to others to not update to Win11 if you do not have to. For most of us where the computer is only running BI, then run with Win10 until it won't work anymore LOL.

The other issue with Win11 is you lose Explorer, which depending on your cameras, could be problematic.

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I setup this machine specifically for bi. I think the only other apps I loaded are antivirus and backup software. About the only software it runs is bi.

I still get flaky issues since the update to win 11. Another issue is sometimes all the icons in bi turn into black squares. If I run my mouse over the black squares the icons will return.