Post up your Bitrate settings

Jay95

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to know what bitrate settings everyone is using, and we might as well throw in the frame rate and mega pixel settings as well.

The reason why I'd like to know is that I'm struggling to find a balance between recording good quality video (capture licence plate details/good face details) and being able to remotely play back that footage via the LTE/4G Telstra mobile network.

The DS-7608NI-I2/8P recorder is hardwired to the modem/router and my VDSL2 up/down stats are 4.8Mbps up and 30Mbps down - should be plenty fast enough.

I have 4 DS-2CD2352-I's cams running off of a DS-7608NI-I2/8P.

Resolution - 2560x1920
Bitrate type - variable
Video Quality - Highest
Frame rate - 10 fps
Max Bitrate - 3072
Video Encoding - H264
H264+ - On

Trying to play back one camera recorded footage usually times out, and some footage sometimes starts playing after 60+ seconds wait time :(

Is 3072 bitrate overkill? I was recording at 6144 but viewing those recording remotely was impossible.

It would be AWESOME if they could add a feature to record in both high bitrate and low bitrate, the high bitrate if you need to use the footage as evidence, and the low bitrate for remote viewing - just like you can do for viewing LIVE footage.

Thanks

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Bit rate is dependent on what’s happening in front of the camera
Eg setting up with vbr and setting it to 3032kbs
If nothing is happening the camera might only be pulling a low bit rate then if someone run past it would ramp up to a maximum of 3072kbps
But you could lose some detail
I personally use max bit rate on constant as if something happened I want to capture what has happened yes I lose some HD space
But unfortunately to view via the phone it pulls down the HD records
Not a sub stream recording
Ipvm have some good articles on bit rates