Post "Signal to Return at Sunrise" image

Phlerb

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day!

I am not sure this can be done within BI, but I can hope.

I am using the Blue Iris Tools to upload an image to my Weather Webserver as a 5 minute image, which is then being pulled by Weather underground. I would like to upload the normal image during the day, and then upload a 2nd image with a note stating it would show normal captures at sunrise, but still show the current Wx overlay...

I was thinking a fake camera that just uses a jpeg image instead of a camera image, and then BIT will overlay the current conditions, and it will then upload to the website. I would use profiles and schedules to have the 'day camera' upload during the day, and the 'night/fake' on upload at night the static image.

Can this be done?

Thanks
Phil

Phlerb

n3wb
Reaction score
But how do I set up a fake camera, or a new camera 'Night' as a static image (jpg)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Put your static jpeg image in Blue Iris' www folder, which will cause Blue Iris to host that jpeg with its web server. Then create a new camera, and configure it as:

Make/model: JPEG/GIF/etc. image requests
IP or host name: localhost
HTTP port: whatever your Blue Iris web server is listening on.
Path: /image.jpg

Then set the frame rate really low, like 1 FPS or less, so you don't waste unnecessary CPU cycles refreshing the image too often.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Screen capturing is far less efficient, and much easier to accidentally break :)