Possible to Disable Built In IR on Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP?

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm at my wits end with regard to dealing with moths, spiders and other insects being attracted to the built in IR on my Hikvisions. Built in IR seems to be an absolute disaster outdoors. The summer was horrible with regard to bugs, and despite the cold, they are still not 100% gone.

I've found a setting in the latest firmware on my DS-2CD2732F-I(S) 3MP Vandal Dome that allows me to turn off the built in IR illuminators. Regrettably, I cannot find a similar setting in the firmware of the 2032 3MP mini bullets.

The closest I can come is forcing the camera to day mode only (which I do not want to do). A search of the forum here, as well as Google has turned up nothing. I'm just wondering if any of you guys might have this figured out.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ookie which firmware are you using? I think after 5.0.2 (or 5.1.2..) they all should have option to turn off the IR from Advanced Configuration ->System->Service->Enable IR light.

if you uncheck it just reboot the camera will turn off the IR at night.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is another reason I switched to turret domes and place citronella oil around my cams.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I cannot find a similar setting in the firmware of the 2032 3MP mini bullets
Here you go, as milkisbad posted above :)

If you don't want to reboot, then just go to day (save) then back to night (save) and the IR wont be on.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: