Possibility to use access terminal to disarm the NVR

alwonttell

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day!

We have the NVR Hikvision with some cameras that send motion detection notification to Hik-Connect app.
I'm wondering whether it is possible to use Access control terminal (DS-K1T805MBFWX for example) to disarm the whole system before buying it.

Unfortunately, did not find clear information about this. A lot of manuals only tell how to use it to unlock the door, but i do not need it.

Thank you for help in advance!

Alex

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can with additional service (for example C#).

HTTPListener which could implement BackgroundService class
Most basic flow

-Realtime user input check
-User validation
-ISAPI request operation toward NVR for arming
-Save armed state
-User validation
-ISAPI request operation toward NVR for disarming
-Save disarmed state

Anyone with basic programming knowledge should take no longer than few hours for this service.

There also might be option with hik-central via linkages, but i ned to say i havent seen that yet.

Last edited:

alwonttell

n3wb
Reaction score
You can with additional service (for example C#).

HTTPListener which could implement BackgroundService class
Most basic flow

-User validation
-ISAPI request operation toward NVR for arming
-Save armed state
-User validation
-ISAPI request operation toward NVR for disarming
-Save disarmed state

Anyone with basic programming knowledge should take no longer than few hours for this service.

There also might be option with hik-central via linkages, but i ned to say i havent seen that yet.
Hi!
We would prefer to have not custom, but as standard as possible solution. Thank you for sharing the thoughts, take them into account!

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have the NVR Hikvision with some cameras that send motion detection notification to Hik-Connect app.
I'm wondering whether it is possible to use Access control terminal (DS-K1T805MBFWX for example) to disarm the whole system before buying it.
No that device is only for access control of doors.

You can set schedules that dictate what happens with notifications / alerts.

RTFM to confirm, but you may be able to use a wired alarm input on the NVR to change the alert behavior. If the NVR supports this, a different type of keypad or output from an alarm system could potentially be hooked into the NVR.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
haha

Just what @tangent said, there is no solution like you would have want it. Wiring to alarm input of NVR could work. If your NVR supports such linkages, which i highly doubt.

What you need it custom solution service which will handle everything i mentioned above.
I have already done something similar for other project and it works. But you would need a RaPi or some pc at the same location to run service.