Port forwarding an NVR, or all of the cameras?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just purchased Blue Iris. I purchased it to evaluate it as compared to an NVR. Currently, I have a Dahua NVR up and running. I can access all of my cameras from this NVR on the internet, and everything is working great. I only have to forward port 37777 to view my cameras, and port 554 to see recorded video. But, it looks like I will have to forward ports for every camera t gain the same internet access from Blue Iris. Is this true?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased Blue Iris. I purchased it to evaluate it as compared to an NVR. Currently, I have a Dahua NVR up and running. I can access all of my cameras from this NVR on the internet, and everything is working great. I only have to forward port 37777 to view my cameras, and port 554 to see recorded video. But, it looks like I will have to forward ports for every camera t gain the same internet access from Blue Iris. Is this true?
No. There is only a single port you need to open for the blue iris webserver...you will have access to all your cams and video feeds..as well as profile changes and traffic signal changes...etc...