Poll - Who Won the Republican Debate?

Which of the 8 Republican candidates debated best?

• Doug Burgum

• Asa Hutchinson

• Nikki Haley

• Ron DeSantis

• Chris Christie

• Vivek Ramaswamy

• Tim Scott

• Mike Pence

• I watched Trump on Tucker instead

Results are only viewable after voting.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Of the 8 Republican candidates, who do you think performed the best in the debate? This is a separate question than who your favorite among the 8 is.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Joe Biden didn't earn 81 million votes: Trump just acted like such a little bitch that people held their noses and voted for the other guy.

Trump was completely out of the news until the incitements. I almost wonder if the Dems aren't putting him back in the lime light because they know he has a strong base, can perhaps win the Republican primary, and cannot possibly win a general election.

Biden would stand zero chance against a sane Republican candidate like Haley or Romney. I think even Pence would win.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Biden would stand zero chance against a sane Republican candidate like Haley or Romney.
Wouldn't be a big change. Haley and Romney would keep the common peoples' money flowing to the Ukraine laundry, defense contractors, and big pharma. Either would be a worthy leader of the uniparty.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Joe Biden didn't earn 81 million votes: Trump just acted like such a little bitch that people held their noses and voted for the other guy.

Trump was completely out of the news until the incitements. I almost wonder if the Dems aren't putting him back in the lime light because they know he has a strong base, can perhaps win the Republican primary, and cannot possibly win a general election.

Biden would stand zero chance against a sane Republican candidate like Haley or Romney. I think even Pence would win.

ROMNEY?

Cmon man, I cant think of a bigger piece of shit on the "Republican" side than him. He's practically a liberal Democrat already. Talk about Swamp creature!

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ROMNEY?

Cmon man, I cant think of a bigger piece of shit on the "Republican" side than him. He's practically a liberal Democrat already. Talk about Swamp creature!
If they want to win the general election, it isn't going to be a person all the way to the right who doesn't compromise. Romney was a Republican in Massachusetts and knows how to deal with liberal bullshit. Haley would be another who can win. Trump will get crushed. I think that is why they are bringing him back into the spotlights after 3 years of hearing very little from him.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You could be right, I hope not because electing yet another “compromising” Uniparty RINO doesn’t change anything. . Besides he won’t be running against Bidet, more likely Newsom and get slaughtered.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Haley says: Israel doesn't need the US (good, one less country we keep sending billions to), the US needs Israel (Is Israel sending the US money, finally?). When I heard that, she was no longer a contestant.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Haley says: Israel doesn't need the US (good, one less country we keep sending billions to), the US needs Israel (Is Israel sending the US money, finally?). When I heard that, she was no longer a contestant.
Is there any candidate who would give them zero?

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I wonder about this too. My take is that Trump lives rent-free in so many Democrat minds that they just can't not poke the bear. Inadvertently they have kept Trump relevant and activated his base. This may work to their advantage for the reason you give.

Half of me wants to move on, and the other half wants to watch the video of the dopes poking the bear and getting mauled for their trouble.

Reaction score
Any candidate that doesn't support Israel, will not get my vote. Any candidate wished to continue to give Ukraine a blank check, will not get my vote. Biden has ruined any chance of further support to Ukraine thru his blank check policy that cost the American Taxpayers BILLIONS of dollars, and made many Ukrainian's millionaires and more, I am sure. It is staggering how much of our tax dollars have been completely wasted. I have never doubted that Ukraine is corrupt, but the only commie I have ever liked it s a dead commie.

I have always liked Nikki Haley, as to me she has consistently had a bigger set of balls then most men do. But the endless waste of our tax dollars MUST stop.

The game is afoot. Lets see where it goes.

Oh, and Romney can ESAD!

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think Vivek said he would stop Israel Aid. Thats the media spin. He said he would further integrate Israel like Trump Abraham Accord(UAE, Bahrain) which opened up the ties and economic cooperation with Abraham 2.0 which would integrate saudi arabia, Oman, Qatar, Indonesia at which point Israel probably may not need any aid, only if Israel choose to forfeit its aid. He further said Israel should not be held hostage due to Palestine issue as far as Israel integration into middle east.

Where as Nikki Haley said US needs israel, IMO purely for its military power.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Happy to send Ukraine and Israel money. Better for others to put their lives on the line boxing in tyrants and evil empires than US lives. Let Ukraine keep Putin's ambitions at bay and Israel to keep Iran in check.

When Putin expires, hopefully a rational Russian leader will emerge who will interact with the world than against them.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If Peter Zeihan has a correct understanding of Russia's situation, there doesn't appear to be any good way forward. They are a population in decline, and they'll never have more young men to send into the meat grinder then now. So, they're going out on their own terms rather than choosing the slow decline.

I'm doubtful that we'll get someone better once Putin is gone. Politics is downstream of culture, so he's a product of culture.