POE splitter to power both camera and ext mic

mangebest

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
Does anybody know of a "splitter" for POE so that you can use one ethernetcable and split the 12 v to both camera and ext microphone?
i would like to power both things with one ethernet cable. I have seen splitters that do what the name suggest - split to one 12v outlet and one data cable.

but i would like 12 v on both. maybe the power in POE isnt sufficient to power both camera and ext mic.

best reg
MagnusIMG_1619 (1).jpeg

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Easiest way is to use a "Y" splitter cable on the 12 volt output of the POE splitter. I'm confident somebody will post a link to one.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello
Does anybody know of a "splitter" for POE so that you can use one ethernetcable and split the 12 v to both camera and ext microphone?
i would like to power both things with one ethernet cable. I have seen splitters that do what the name suggest - split to one 12v outlet and one data cable.

but i would like 12 v on both. maybe the power in POE isnt sufficient to power both camera and ext mic.

best reg
MagnusView attachment 134183
So the cam is POE but you want to run it and the mic on 12VDC, right?
How much 12VDC current does the cam need?
If its less than 2A then the one posted by @Broachoski should work OK.
The current required by the mic is minuscule.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
You’re going to love that Hikvision microphone. It’s incredibly sensitive and like TonyR said requires very little power to energize!