POE MIcro phone anyone seen one ? Sound almost as valuable as sight ?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
POE Micro phone anyone seen one ? Sound almost as valuable as sight especially at the cabin? I have sound on my two Hikvision 2132F-IS but, I figure if I am running wire everywhere why not run some extras where I have no sound on camera. Is there such a beast that is a POE microphone only ? not too interested in another camera with such just a sensitive microphone powered by the cat5e.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
could always use a POE splitter to peel power off the POE for a mic,
but are you looking for an IP microphone, one that is accessible and monitored over the network?
I guess i'm asking what you might be hooking the microphone up to...

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd like one also if you ever find one

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have searched for this a few months ago to no avail. This is the best solution I found for the situation, offering 2 way radio communication in a small form factor. Don't have to use the Video but its there if needed. I never tested this but I think its a descent solution for those who want 2 way communication on the network. Maybe the video plug can be disconnected on the board.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zmodo-Wireless-Mini-720p-HD-IP-WiFi-Network-Home-Security-Camera-Two-Way-Audio-/221746807171?hash=item33a123c183:g:~N0AAOSw~bFWOb63

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.