POE-max Led

chanklish

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
i am trying to find some details on the POE-Max led on hikvision poe switch but not being able to find any
I am having too much disconnections using DS-3E0109P-E/M(B) 8 port poe switch and I suspect my runs are too long or the poe charge is too high
what does this led do or mean ?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
How many PoE devices do you have plugged in and what are they? Specs say the total PoE budget of that switch is 58w for all ports combined and no more than 30w for a single port.

chanklish

n3wb
Reaction score
How many PoE devices do you have plugged in and what are they? Specs say the total PoE budget of that switch is 58w for all ports combined and no more than 30w for a single port.
one cable to an access point ( no poe )
one cable coming from another switch ( i have them in daisy chain )
and 6 cameras DS-2CD1043G0-I - - PoE: (802.3af, 36 V to 57 V), 0.2 A to 0.15 A, max. 6.5 W so less than 40 watt no ?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
It does sound like you under the PoE power budget if each camera draws no more than 6.5w each. Have you tried unplugging a camera and seeing if the light goes out when power consumption is reduced?

chanklish

n3wb
Reaction score
It does sound like you under the PoE power budget if each camera draws no more than 6.5w each. Have you tried unplugging a camera and seeing if the light goes out when power consumption is reduced?
i rechecked , i have 3 poe switched daisy chained , with these power : 45 Watt max , 58.5 watt max and 51.8 watt max .. i believe the 58.5 might be struggling to cope

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Well you aren't powering those switches from the DS-3E0109P-E/M(B) are you? Just interconnecting switches together isn't a problem. I'd disconnect a camera or two and see if the light goes out. Six cameras at 6.5w max each you should only be drawing 39w which should be fine according to the switch specs.

chanklish

n3wb
Reaction score
Well you aren't powering those switches from the DS-3E0109P-E/M(B) are you? Just interconnecting switches together isn't a problem. I'd disconnect a camera or two and see if the light goes out. Six cameras at 6.5w max each you should only be drawing 39w which should be fine according to the switch specs.
i am working remotely , sent someone on the site and switches has no poe max !!
and this spec sheet give this 60 watt of power budget , this is why it works usually spec
switch1.jpegswitch2.jpeg

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I would just monitor it going forward and see if the light comes back on. It sounds like you are well within the PoE budget so it may be beginning to fail or simply had some sort of electrical "hiccup".