PoE Loryta getting power but "disconnected"

nathasm

n3wb
Reaction score
I am currently trying to install two IPC-HRW5421E-Z12E (Loryta POE Turret 2MP) and I'm running in to an issue.
When I connect both cameras, Unifi is showing that there is power draw via PoE+ but it's showing a disconnected state (top right and bottom left): 1651606399878.png

I verified the cabling using a cable tester from the RJ45 connector at the camera-end to my patch panel and everything looks good. Obviously no IP addresses are assigned so I can't really debug further.

Since both cameras are displaying the same sort of issue, I'm wondering if there is a post-install step I missed to get these cameras to "connect" or "activate". Or do I have a bad batch of cameras?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The default IP address for these cams is 192.168.1.108.

Since you connected both at the same time, you now have an IP address conflict.

Further, if your IP address range isn't 192.168.1.XXX, then is will show disconnected...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is how most of us get it to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1643659199778.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home.

nathasm

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I've managed to get a couple of my other cameras set up the way you've described but these two cameras just don't seem to even show up.

I have disconnected one, and power cycled the port of the other, however, the one is still showing up as powered but disconnected. The physical lights on my switch are also indicating that the camera is indeed powered, but no data is being transmitted.

I'll continue to diagnose with another camera I have but right now I feel like this is an issue with the hardware and not cabling or network...

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Would be rare to have a hardware error. Extraordinarily rare to have two. Odds are greatly pointing to another issue.

What IP range are you using for your network?

nathasm

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree. But I would expect at least SOME traffic/blinky lights on my switch...discovery/ping or otherwise. My default network is 192.168.0.0/24 and even when I configure my laptop to use 192.168.1.0/16 ConfigTool still isn't able to discover the camera.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Any VLANS set up that would affect things? Did you try a reset on the cam?

Have another way to power the cam so you could pull it out alone with the laptop?

nathasm

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips....these are my next steps. Hopefully have more info later tonight.

nathasm

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, as near as I can tell, it must be a bad connection. Bringing the camera inside and connecting it directly to the switch allowed me to reconfigure the camera. What's odd is that my cable tester says the line is good to go. Going to redo the RJ45 connection on the camera end to see if that addresses the issue.

Regardless, the hardware appears to be working as expected...