PoE Ip Camera recommendation for Outdoor use

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm on the market for an outdoor PoE camera as my Amcrest IP3M-954E gave up the ghost after 4.5 years of service. The cables got degraded gradually from the weather elements and finally, something sorted internally so I guess it's not worth a repair...

I'm looking at the Annke C800 which is reasonably cheap on Amazon UK. Any opinions? Any other recommendations?

Many thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Save yourself some money, frustration and time. Read the information in the WiKi in the blue bar at the top of the page on a real computer and not a phone or tablet. Generally, avoid the low end consumer stuff like Annke, Foscam, Reolink, Blink, and all the rest of the "popular" junk as well as the Alibaba no name crap. If you buy cheap, you get cheap.

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I don't see any recommendations over at wiki. I really don't mind paying a bit more if it's worth it.
The first search on Amazon returned C800 Annke and that's why I mentioned it.

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you! Indeed I missed the cliff notes.Isn't this info there a bit outdated? I'm reading a review of a Fahua bullet as we speak which dates back to 2017...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
So use the search tool to look for Dahua reviews. The information regarding specific models may be a little out of date, but the basic information still does, and always will, apply to making an appropriate camera selection. The current "king of the hill" is the Dahua 5442 series, 4MP with a 1/1.8" sensor.

Reactions: gtj

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I appreciate your help!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Annke are in general are not very good cameras, but some time they have Hikvision cameras rebranded.
=======================

Cameras to look at
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-HDW5442t-ZE .... Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing -- variable focus 4 MP Starlight
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+
IPC-HFW7442H-Z ..... Review - Dahua IPC-HFW7442H-Z 4MP Ultra AI Varifocal Bullet Camera -- 4 MP variable focus AI
IPC-T2347G-LU ...... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS .... Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal
IPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2 . Review-OEM IPC-T2231T-ZS 2mp Varifocal Starlight Camera
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE .... Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE ... IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPCT-HDW5431RE-I ... Review - IP Cam Talk 4 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV ... Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam
IPC-T3241-ZAS ...... Review-OEM IPC-T3241-ZAS 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal -- 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal
IPC-HFW2831T-ZS ... Review-Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS 8MP WDR IR Bullet Network Camera -- 8MP Bullet 1/1.8” sensor variable focus.
DS-2CD2325FWD-I
N22AL12 ............ New Dahua N22AL12 Budget Cam w/Starlight -- low cost entry
IPC-T2347G-LU....... Review-Loryta OEM 4MP IPC-T2347G-LU ColorVu Fixed Turret Network 4mm lens & Junction Box -- 4MP ColorVu
.................... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

Other dahua 4MP starlight Dahua 4MP Starlight Lineup

My preferred indoor cameras
DS-2CD2442FWD-IW
IPC-K35A Review-Dahua IPC-K35A 3mp Cube Camera

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you! That was very helpful indeed. I will definitely be getting a Dahua. Do you by any chance have an opinion about the 5431 Bullet with the motorized lens?

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys.
Is that the one you're referring to?

Yes, I want bullet style as the camera is at a spot which is exposed to direct rain and sunlight.
Before Amcrest IP3M-954E I had briefly tried an Amcrest dome and it was getting saturated when the weather was humid.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys.
Is that the one you're referring to?

Yes, I want bullet style as the camera is at a spot which is exposed to direct rain and sunlight.
Before Amcrest IP3M-954E I had briefly tried an Amcrest dome and it was getting saturated when the weather was humid.
Hi @gtj

Specs are not matching the model in the title on that page.. suggest taking some time before ordering a replacement.
fyi - most of us are picking up Dahua OEM international models from Andy ( Empiretecandy here )

1603839687701.png

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, not that one - look for the 5442 model that has a 1/1.8" sensor - that one has a 1/2.5" one.
It seems there is a mistake in the listing as the technical sheet data mentions clearly ''Image Sensor 1/1.8” 4Megapixel progressive scan CMOS''. If you click on the pdf. Should be this one.

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @gtj

Specs are not matching the model in the title on that page.. suggest taking some time before ordering a replacement.
fyi - most of us are picking up Dahua OEM international models from Andy ( Empiretecandy here )

View attachment 73542
I wish I could get it from there too but I'm located in the EU... :(

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Really? I didn't know that. I thought that bullet cameras were the most popular for outdoors and especially for areas that are exposed to the elements and / or potential vandalism.

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe a silly question but why can't China/Hong Kong shipments be sent to the EU?
I thought the guy was located in the US. Somehow that's what I assumed because 99% of the members in here are from the US.
If he can ship in the EU then I'm obviously all fine :D

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bullet cameras stand out way more as a "camera" and would be much easier to hit with a baseball bat!
That's a good point.
Any disadvantages over the bullet ones?

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bullets have built-in mics but not the international models, see IPC-HFW4833F-ZAS or IPC-HFW4433F-ZSA. I don't understand that product policy.

Reactions: gtj

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some people want the bullet just because it stands out as a visual deterrent as being an obvious camera. I've been migrating to turrets myself as they blend in better and I like the built-in mic that most of them have. I have no clue why bullets don't have a built-in mic as they seem to have more room to contain one.
The only thing that makes me have second thoughts is that the Amcrest Dome I tried was unusable as the raindrops where covering the whole glass / lens area when there was rain or dumb outside. How is the turret any different than a dome? I mean the turrets (like domes) don't have a ''visor'' like the bullets do.