POE injector for Dahua can I use this one

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought a couple of IPC-T2231T-ZS cameras.
I wanted to set one up temporary over Christmas in a spot a long way form the POE switch that would be hard for me to run a long cable back to the switch just for this temp setup.

I have searched on the net for a POE injector for cameras. The camera says 12V but also 12V DC/PoE (802.3af)

I have a spare Injector from a Ubiquiti product. But it says 24V on the front of it.

Can I use this on this camera? Can't seem to find much on the net or I am not looking in the right places.
Attached is a pic of the Ubiquiti Injector.

My local store has the TP-Link TL-PoE150S that I could buy if more suitable? Specs mention: Compatible With IEEE 802.3af Compliant PDs

Attachments

Last edited:

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@rocky500 - I'm just a newbie but I had a similar issue, wanting to do some camera testing before getting an 8-port POE switch. From an old work project I had a leftover single port POE midspan used for industrial access point installs, which has an output power voltage of 48VDC, max power output 15.4W. I also wondered can I use that with a Dahua cam. I PM'd one of the gurus on the forum to check and got his blessing. Worked just fine. Attached is the PDF data sheet of what I used in case you want to make a comparison to your Ubiquiti Injector. Good luck!

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use 12VDC from a UL-listed, adequately-rated (current wise) power supply on the camera's 12VDC connector OR use a POE injector or switch conforming to 802.3af on the Ethernet cable, not both.

Do NOT use the Ubiquiti 24VDC POE injector, it's passive and is the incorrect voltage for your camera.

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use 12VDC from a UL-listed, adequately-rated (current wise) power supply on the camera's 12VDC connector OR use a POE injector or switch conforming to 802.3af on the Ethernet cable, not both.

Do NOT use the Ubiquiti 24VDC POE injector, it's passive and is the incorrect voltage for your camera.
Thanks. Just went out and bought the TP-link one. $22 Australian and seems to conform to 802.3af. Will try this out later.
It is going to be up towards the ceiling, so one network cable (with power) will be easier to use to reach the camera.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Ubiquity seems to be wrong voltage, and not an actual PoE standard (802.3af, at, or bt). So I don't think it will work.