Please help with NVR choice Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/S versus Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S

before

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Could you please explain what is the difference between the DS-7608NXI-I2 poe and non-poe version?
Am I right that these two are identical but one must be used with a POE switch?
I am in Europe and actually the non-poe version sells for 235€ and POE version arround 500€...........

Please help me :)

Last edited:

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Am I right that these two are identical but one must be used with a POE switch?
I think you are right... that is usually the only difference based on what I've seen in other Hikvision NVRs PoE version vs non-PoE version numbers.

Is there a reason you are looking at the AcuSense series instead of the I-series like DS-7608NI-I2/8P?

before

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a reason you are looking at the AcuSense series instead of the I-series like DS-7608NI-I2/8P?
Well, I am hoping to have minimum of false alerts with an acusense nvr, and it is also cheaper to buy an acusense nvr with 4 "dumb" cameras than a non-acusense nvr with 4 acusense cameras.
I believe the DS-7608NIX-I2 is modernized version of DS-7608NI-I2. (btw price difference between these two is only 12€)
Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope, you are not wrong!

I was just checking to see if you understood the AcuSense NVR makes more sense (no pun intended) if you don't already have cameras that have the AcuSense functionality.

I'm not sure I would agree the NXI is a "modernized version" of DS-7608NI-I2... to me it seems the I-series is more mainstream/popular.

If you do get an AcuSense model, I would make sure it is the 3rd generation (C) version as that is the latest and has the most recent firmware releases... the first generation and second generation (B) models may not see any further firmware updates?

Take a look at the spreadsheet and AcuSense NVR firmware versions here:

DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL (hikvisioneurope.com)

before

n3wb
Reaction score
If you do get an AcuSense model, I would make sure it is the 3rd generation (C) version as that is the latest and has the most recent firmware releases... the first generation and second generation (B) models may not see any further firmware updates?
The exact model type is "Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/S(C)", but I have read just now somewhere, that in this model the acusense functionality works with only up to 2MP cameras which is shame if that's true, because I wanted to buy 4MP cameras along with the NVR.

Would be great if someone could confirm or refute that the Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/S model supports applying the AcuSense VCA features to 4 non-AcuSense cameras at a max. of 2MP, while Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/4S model will support this feature at a max. of 4MP resolution....

Beacuse if this true I would rather buy DS-7608NI-I2 as the AcuSense VCA features anyway doesn't work with 4MP cameras on the NXI-I2/S model and the NXI-I2/4S model has double the price.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The exact model type is "Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2/S(C)", but I have read just now somewhere, that in this model the acusense functionality works with only up to 2MP cameras which is shame if that's true, because I wanted to buy 4MP cameras along with the NVR.
It seems like you are correct again... I checked the specs and I find the same as you:

DS-7608NXI-I2/S: Up to 4-ch 2 MP (H.264/H.265) video analysis for human and vehicle recognition to reduce false alarm

DS-7608NXI-I2/4S: False alarm filtering for 4-ch behavior (line crossing and intrusion) detection for network camera with resolution less than or equal to 4 MP.

I find that strange, but it does seem to be the case!

Beacuse if this true I would rather buy DS-7608NI-I2 as the AcuSense VCA features anyway doesn't work with 4MP cameras on the NXI-I2/S model and the NXI-I2/4S model has double the price.
I'm not the best person to advise you on this since I have no experience with the AcuSense NVRs, but that is what I would/did get... the I-series NVR and AcuSense cameras.

One other thing... If I were starting over, I would consider OEM Dahua NVR/cameras available from @EMPIRETECANDY here... If you do further research on this forum before you buy anything, you will probably see why!

before

n3wb
Reaction score
One other thing... If I were starting over, I would consider OEM Dahua NVR/cameras available from @EMPIRETECANDY here... If you do further research on this forum before you buy anything, you will probably see why!
This coming from China, I am in EU so import duty and taxes would apply, it wouldn't be cheaper for me I think.
Other thing is: I have already bought a Hikvision intercom so I want it to be compatible with NVR and cameras.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with import duty stuff but I think I've seen others with the same concern and his items stock in the EU as well.

If I had a Hikvision intercom, I would definitely get a Hikvision NVR and cameras also... and as I said I went with the I-series vs NXI NVR and I'm glad I did.

It's good you are doing research before you buy!

before

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with import duty stuff but I think I've seen others with the same concern and his items stock in the EU as well.

If I had a Hikvision intercom, I would definitely get a Hikvision NVR and cameras also... and as I said I went with the I-series vs NXI NVR and I'm glad I did.

It's good you are doing research before you buy!
Most likely I will go with DS-7608NI-I2 non-poe version for 222€
Anyway it is well appreciated that you helped me to choose. Thank you for your replies.