Playing with demo - a few questions

RubberDucky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying out the demo and can't figure out how to do the following:

1) Click on an Alert and have all the cameras in the particular group open and play simultaneously. It only seems to open the one camera associated with that alert. But I'd like to see the event from all possible angles to quickly see the best view.

2) Filter the alerts based on a selected area (ie "Smart Search"). eg, if my garbage can was knocked over I'd highlight the garbage can in the SmartSearch filter and then it would filter all the alerts showing me only those with motion in that area.

Both SmartPSS and Luxriot Evo free do this so I assume it is pretty standard but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it in Blue Iris.

Thanks.

RubberDucky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Playing more with BI, getting the hang of it.

In the absence of correction, I decided the two points mentioned above are not possible.

3) I also can't find any "instant replay" function. At the moment I'm thinking that's not possible either. Such a handy function.

4) I don't see any "smart detection" separating alerts into people, vehicles etc. That alone may be too much to give up.

BI so far has been more reliable (not crashing) than smartpss.

Overall, mixed results so far...but it's early days...keep using it and see how it goes I guess.