Playback timeline empty for a Dahua 2MP Starlight camera

Buttan Butt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there!

I just bought a Dahua IPC-HDW4231EM-AS and I'm trying to set it up to store recordings on my Synology NAS using NFS. Sounds like an easy task... I've come to the point now when I have no clue how to proceed so I'm asking for some help from you more experienced guys.

Recordings do occur, that is, the NFS share is constantly filling up with files created by the web camera. My problem is that I can't see any recordings on the playback time line and there are no events listed.

Furthermore the "Data Src" dropdown selection lists only "SD Card" as source. The NFS mount is not available. I guess it should be there.

Setup->Storage->Destination->Local has no entries. I expected my NFS mounted device to appear there but it's not.

I have tried all different kind of NFS server settings. There seems to be no documentation whatsoever what the requirements are. From my Ubuntu Desktop I can mount the NFS Share and create/view/delete files.

On the NAS I've tried all kind of settings, e.g. enable NFSv4, setting allowed hosts to "*", Squash: Map all users to admin, allow guest to R/W etc.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Software Version
2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date: 2017-03-06
WEB Version

Cheers!

Buttan Butt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe I'm trying to do something that is not even supposed to work. I have 6 Hikvision cameras that were quite easy to set up doing the same thing.

If You happen to know if it's even possible to have a Dahua 2MP Starlight camera to save recordings to a NAS (using NFS) and then playback those recordings using a web browser accessing the cameras web GUI, please let me know.

EDIT:
===============
Problem still not solved but I've decided to take the Blue Iris route instead hence eliminating the need to play back using the cameras web GUI.

Cheers!

Last edited:

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua sucks. playback is only supported on SD card. SMB is not impelemnted. Only 1 storage destination for all recordings.