Play component error 3 with new DS-2CV2021G2-IDW

anima9

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought myself a brand new DS-2CV2021G2-IDW because I've had it with the old cam just bugging out. However, my cctv issues haven't stopped yet because I'm experiencing another playback error and I'm wondering if it's my sd card.

I bought a SanDisk Ultra 128 gb. Formatted on PC, then formatted on the camera. I've set the cam to record all day 24/7. I got it up and running officially last November 28 around 18:00. I can view everything fine until I hit November 30 at somewhere between 19:40-19:45, which then gives me Play component error 3. When I then try again, it gives me "No more connections allowed."

I should note that around the 19:00 mark, the playback starts to slowdown instead of it being "instant" when you swipe to a timestamp, but it does show it eventually until I hit the aforementioned 19:40-ish parts.

I'm using IVMS4500 on Android if this information is critical. Is there anything I can download or update? Is it my card? I got a new card, but it's the same brand, but I'm willing to test again on a freshly formatted and opened card.

Edit: I've encountered the "No more connections allowed" error before on my old cam and while it still showed it was "recording," I couldn't download any of the files, so I had to reformat the card. The card I used then is the same card that's showing this error now.
I thought it was the cam, but now it's apparently the card? Or perhaps the card's gotten faulty because of the old camera. I'm just thankful it's a card issue because micro sds are cheap.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or with the No more connections allowed, either the camera is not releasing logins after you leave OR you have been hacked by bots and they are using all of the allowed simultaneous connections.

I would look at the log and consider factory resetting and not letting your camera on the internet. Turn off P2P and UPnP and do not connect it to the router and see if the problem goes away.

anima9

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I haven't tried those yet since I suspected it was always a hardware problem.

1. What exactly am I supposed to be looking for under logs?
2. How do I turn off p2p and UPnP? Edit: UPnP is off.
3. How do I "not connect it to the internet?" It's a wireless/wifi setup and I also have a password for the camera. Hikconnect isn't "on," either.

Do you mean I should just use its own "wlan" and just connect to it every time I need to view the camera?