Placement Turret 4mp

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision Turret_01_20160125193338312.jpgTurret_01_20160125121421051.jpg I feel like the light facing the street is affecting the way the ir light is working with my camera. Any suggestions in regards to directing any other way?

dalepa

Reaction score
Maybe try moving the camera to the right to remove the light from the scene. Also try increasing the exposure and or gain. Maybe even use day mode at night with this much light

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision Turret_01_20160125211247227.jpgI was able to get this picture with keeping day mode on and adjusting exposure. Haven't seen movement yet, so don't know if I will get blur.

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes indeed. Too much blur. What settings should I set the exposure too if I keep it in day mode

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turn the camera to the right so that the floodlight is not shining into the camera.

It will struggle to get the best lighting for the rest of the scene when it's got a light shinkning directly into the lens.

Alternatively, put a shroud on the light so that it does not shine directly into the camera.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your flood light is the biggest problem, move it out of the view of the camera.
You will still see people at the door unless they are wall huggers.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes indeed. Too much blur. What settings should I set the exposure too if I keep it in day mode
I use a ton of my Hiks in day mode all night due to having at least decent light. Set the exposure to 1/30th at the lowest to 1/60th if the light is good enough. I have a couple actually managing 1/120th day mode at night amazingly enough, but I suspect the 4mp will not do that, or at least the 4mp Hiks I have will not.

At home I have a 3mp that 1/120th is fine on, similar shot on the 4mp will only do 1/30th and still look good. You will have to test and see where the sweet spot is, and while the light is bright I would just move the camera so it is out of view slightly.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
4x turn the camera to the right. Imagine if I shone a torch in your face and asked you to focus on something behind it.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
alternatively, leave cam where it is and create a baffle on this side of the light, maybe you can slip a small metal shield inside the glass this side of the lamp ? or change the lamp to something that does not give light facing the cam, outward light yes but to camera side no

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
alternatively, leave cam where it is and create a baffle on this side of the light, maybe you can slip a small metal shield inside the glass this side of the lamp ? or change the lamp to something that does not give light facing the cam, outward light yes but to camera side no
Yeah except you are still getting IR reflection off the wall. Even if the light wasn't there I would still say move the camera right.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Yeah except you are still getting IR reflection off the wall. Even if the light wasn't there I would still say move the camera right.
looks like a suck it and see job, baffle light and maybe tweak off the wall a tad but the trouble is the right hand wall starts to come into play
and on a side note, that weather looks terrible, me and Del Boy are much happier in the aftermath of storm Sandy, you just cant beat good old Engrish high winds and rain :eek:nthego:

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will angle the camera towards the right. I like that I can see the garage door , if it's letlft open. Also may try to cover part of the light .

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just noticed you've got a wall to the right, so you're going to get reflections off that if you angle it right. So now my answer is 4mm rather than 2.8mm.

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I went ahead and repositioned the camera a tad bit. Also turned off the flood light facing the driveway .Hikvision Turret_01_20160127193031496.jpgwhat's your opinion on this?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still think you need 4mm.

Put privacy mask on the adjacent walls areas (which aren't going anywhere unless there's an earthquake) and see what happens.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks to me like the bottom left of the image (hitting the trim above the garage) is going to cause the camera to adjust for too much IR reflection causing a darker image in the main focal area. @Del-Boy Does adding a privacy mask over any of the image cause the camera to make the needed adjustments with respect to IR reflection?
@Jramosent - I would still try to angle that to the right to eliminate as much of the hot spot on the left keeping in mind that too much to the right will get the same problem from your wall on the right with IR bouncing back into the lens.

Last edited by a moderator: