Pinhole security camera with POE?

Volcom

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a full HD POE pinhole camera with some sort of low light or night vision (I don't know if the come with IR). I want to fit in a small hole somewhere in the frame of entrance doors (on top or on one side) inside a small electric box.

Sadly I can only find low quality and cheap security cameras from unknown brands. Dahua and Hikvision have two models each but POE is not supported. I don't know if "POE to 12v plug" exist. The only camera that seems to meet my requirements is this one from Revotech.

The reason why I want this kind of setup is that I don't like security cameras of the size of my fist hanging from the ceiling and also to reduce viewing anges to that I can focus on my property and not on my neighbour. For my neighbour that's not a problem but our doors are in front of each other and people walk right between them (when they don't use the elevator). I simply don't want to record others.

Thanks a lot!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In case you still need a poe pinhole module camera, I had good experience with CamHi software. The problem with adding ir within the camera body, is the space required to accommodate the leds, reason why you are probably using a pinhole lens. You still have the option of using a separate ir device (board), with a photosensor to activate during night (you may need to order a lens with ir filter, no need for the ir-cut mechanism)

note: the 1080 model is a single board, not the multi-board shown in photo, understand is for the 4G

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Why don't you go and look up using old laptop cameras. I do not know if you had thought about it.

Good Luck!!